The ID number on the document you submitted does not match the ID number on your account

Solved
Sprouthealth
2 0 2

Hi there,

I have tried to complete the ID verification and have the following error:

The ID number on the document you submitted does not match the ID number on your account. Please submit a document with the same ID number, or update the ID number on your account.

I believe that it is to do with a name change that I made and this needs updating.

There are a few common issues when trying to upload documents: 

• The full document is not provided in the image. Edges and corners can not be cut off as our banking partners will not support these images.
  • The image is not clear. If you are getting this error, then you will need to retake the image and try the upload again. 
  • The name on file for Shopify Payments does not match what is appearing on your ID - We'll need to fix this on our end. 
  • The Date of Birth on file for Shopify Payments does not match what is appearing on your ID - We'll need to fix this on our end. 

To help troubleshoot the cause of the rejection you're seeing, I will need to take this to email to verify your store. If you can reply to the email I have sent you with the requested information then I can help get this reviewed. 

Please can you email me to have the Account ID changed to ensure that I can submit the document?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2199 214 459

This is an accepted solution.

@Sprouthealth 

A member of our Accounts team will need to help change the name on your account so that it can match the name appearing on your ID. 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rescueswag
Tourist
13 0 1

This is not a solution.  I went to the link provided and there is no where I can find to do this.  And no chat line either.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2199 214 459

@rescueswag 

Once you log in, you should be able to select the store you need support for. From there, it should show you the available support options: 

18-22-33521-38392

What issues are you having when trying to access this area?

0 Likes
jaisonsterner81
1 0 0

hi , i upload my DL , passport and get eror: 

The ID number on the document you submitted does not match the ID number on your account. Please submit a document with the same ID number, or update the ID number on your account.

help please me verif my acc 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2199 214 459

@jaisonsterner81 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

0 Likes