The New 5 Shipping Address Display Limitation Is Crushing My Project

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I began doing work about a year ago for a customer of mine who does restaurant supplies and equipment fulfillment for a bunch of national franchises. Some franchise owners own 5 locations, some own 10 and some own even up to 25. 

I began the process of moving them over from woocommerce to Shopify. I liked shopify because it would be easy for the customer to administer changes on their end. 

We've finally gone the distance. Because the client told me upfront they wouldn't have budget for Shopify Plus... I opened 5 Shopify stores. One main retail, and one for each of the four national chains they service. 

We've got almost everything right, and the things we could not get right, well we can live with them because we can eat the cost (such as not being able to discount the cart by less than 1% & applying a discount based on payment type automatically). 

The one thing we are not getting right that could be crippling is the fact that when a franchise owner (think 50 and 60 year olds) login, they can't see all their franchises pop up in the shipping drop down. 

I loaded all of their stores under their one email / profile, but it doesn't display on the front end. 

I'm told that the limitation for shipping addresses for one email/customer has been scaled back recently... but this breaks the whole game plan. 

This website that was supposed to be better for the end user now lacks in one way so significant that the last year of work might be scrapped. We may be forced to rebuild on another platform. 

This has been the worst curveball to this whole project and I've hit a deadend. I've called in 3 times and all they can say is that they'll provide developers with feedback. 

Can a dev or admin at shopify please make an exception and allow a drop down on my cart that exceeds the newly implemented 5 address notification. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

BUMP!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same exact thing happened to me, Michael.  I have a customer with 152 ship to addresses, but this limitation doesn't even meet the needs of a whole host of other accounts we have that have 20 or more.  Did anyone ever contact you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
I figured out a work around.

If you’re around Monday I can show you on a screen share.

Mlandry@constusdigital.com

0 Likes