The name on the photo ID doesn’t match the name of the account owner.

Solved
Ivenyoon
1 0 0

The account owner's name is the name on my passport, but I can't get verified, the reason is as the topic. Can anyone help?

I have tried to switch the owner but still can't get verified. Any other way?

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 21 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Ivenyoon!

This is Lana from Shopify.

You mentioned that in order to resolve this, you have tried to switch the owner - what way did you go about this? That error is not something that you will be able to rectify by changing the name under Settings > General, instead you may either be prompted to change it through a banner on the Home page of your admin (you would usually see a button next to the error message that should bring you there) or, if the button is not there, you may need to contact our support here and we will be able to take a closer look at this with you. The reason that I am directing you to that support link is because at the moment we are not able to look into account details through the Shopify Community.

I can see that this is your very first post in the community! Sounds like you already have your payment gateway set up, so once you resolve the issue with that error you're going to want to look into other things (if you haven't already) to set up before your store launches! Just in case you have not launched yet, here is a Shopify Blog article with The Store Launch Checklist that will help give you some structure when preparing everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes