The sender of SMS notifications is not by our shop..

3 0 0
Great got it! Thank you
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0
The order notification emails aren't comi g from my device either and they still come from my email! If shopify wanted they change the send from sms number. AT LEAST THEY SHOULD MAKE IT AN INVALID NUMBER. MY CUSTOMERS ARE REPLY6TO IT AND JOT GETTING ANY RESPONSE BACK.
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Your explanation makes sense technically, but...

For us to create a better user experience, it is best if the source of the message is recognizable (i.e. our store name). This is the goal and i am not looking for a way to chat with my customers, there are other solutions for that.

As it stands now, the messages come from an unknown number that has messages from other companies that have contracts with your automated bot company. This is just not acceptable. It will be treated as spam.

I hope you have a solution for this.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

Hi, Omar.

We don't currently have a workaround for this, however, I completely understand the validity of what you're wanting. It makes complete sense and from the point of view of your customer's experience and I completely agree! I'm going to make a note of this and hopefully our team can see what they can do. I can't make a promise that this will change, or when it will if it does but I'll certainly let our team know! 

Thank you for your request and suggestions. It really helps us work to improve! 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Dallas

Recently the SMS notifications (e.g. Order Confirmation) shows it comes from a number and not the Shop Name (Sender ID) as it used to be.

Is there a way to change that ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

I'm more than happy to give a bit more clarification. Phone carriers actually have an 11 character limit for the SMS sender ID in their SMS notifications. This applies to all services including Shopify. Any non-alpha-numeric characters will be omitted also, such as 'Š' or 'ě'.

The sender name used in the SMS is based on the Store Name set in Settings> General. In this example, the store name is "Shopify Testing".

2019-10-y1rts-mq8my

The name you will see in the SMS message is "ShopifyTest". All spaces are removed and will total 11 characters.2019-10-nsw39-rm1rm

The 11 character limit cannot be edited for any store. However, if you're not seeing any letters at all it could be in relation to your phone provider. Many mobile network operators restrict the sender's name types. The reasons for this vary, depending on the types of Sender IDs allowed. There is more information about SMS sender ID restrictions on this link here. 

In that case, I guess the main question would be if this is a thing that only you're noticing or if this is something that all of your customers (as in every single one) are complaining about. The reason that I say every single one is because it could also be that those customers could be under a mobile provider with tht restriction as well. I don't have a list of what mobile providers have this restriction and what ones don't so I think there's a very high possibility that it could be related to this. 

That should help to answer your question, but if you have any more questions please let me know.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes