Solved

There was a problem loading this website

miniboho
Visitor
2 0 1

All of a sudden my website went offline. I'm not able to access my shop and I can't contact support for immediate help. 

I have no idea what the problem could be. Since I don't have access to the admin dashboard I can't investigate that way either. 

How do I get direct support on my site??

Accepted Solution (1)

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1206

This is an accepted solution.

This topic has been locked due to age. 

For assistance in future please post a new topic as well as reviewing shopifystatus.com

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 41 (41)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues accessing your admin and storefront. Currently, we do not have any issues with our platform. Are you still unable to access your account?

I suggest clearing the cache and cookies of the web browser you are using. I might also suggest trying this in another browser to see if we can narrow down where the problem might be coming from. If it works in another browser, then it’s likely just a cache issue.

If the issue persists, please pass along your store URL so I may troubleshoot this further for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 

miniboho
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Rose!

Thanks for the reply! It wasn't a cache issue, I checked all of the usual suspects before posting on the forum. 

I got back online that day, yes. I figured it wouldn't be long, but I guess my main concern was how to reach support for the error. When I attempted to contact via traditional means (chat/email) I kept being looped back around to FAQs.

With other SaaS providers, I'm able to get immediate help, specific to my issue, in real time, so I just assumed it would be the same with Shopify. 

This is a great platform and if support is addressed in forums, and it works for everyone else, it must be an effective system.

Thanks!

arvindrj
Visitor
2 0 0

hello Rose,

I have a problem in my website www.fruitsvilla.com. It takes too much time to load and sometimes it shows and error message "there was an error in loading this page". so can you help me removing bugs from my website and speed up my website.

Luu
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, @Holly 

My store has just encountered same issue. I tried clearing cache but it didn't work. Please help me

luke48
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, @Luu 

I have the same problem, have you solved it.

andrewblkbox
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all, similar problems. Any ideas? Shopify support looking at my site currently so will see if anything new comes up

Jetro
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having this issue as well, I don't have the antivirus and I have tried multiple devices. 

hadleym003
Visitor
1 0 0

Same exact issue just now! I''m guessing it's another outage.

cleita
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Team, I just cleared the cookies from Google Chrome and I am getting this error or message which says "There was a problem loading this website". I tried it on Mozilla Firefox also but the same message appears. My store is cleita 

please help. my email are sshah.rahman@gmail.com and info@cleita.com you can also contact me +91-9884458004

Thank you please help. 

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @cleita !

Are you still experiencing this issue? When I visit cleita.com I can see your storefront load without issues or delay. If you are still seeing the error message on your end, it is likely a local issue with either your device or network connection. I would recommend trying to access the website through an incognito window or through a different internet connection. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers!

Shafaq_Munir-07
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

Few days back at launch day my customers suddenly started sharing this post with remarks website is not working. cache was not the problem at all they got back online that day. I figured it wouldn't be long, but this should not have happened. 

Shafaq_Munir07_0-1689316902057.png

i am really concerned about this. 

LojaFlypo
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem! I'm burning money on advertising for the offline site! NEED HELP

Haji1
Visitor
1 0 0

How did you resolve this

facing same issue , its been 4 hours my website is down

itsjohnhall
Visitor
2 0 0

My site is experiencing this same issue. I have tried accessing my site on different web browsers and devices and am experiencing the same issue across all attempts. I just launched did a new product launch and ran a campaign on social so all the link clicks are futile. My website it https://firstlightsurf.club/. Very disappointed in Shopify. Seems to be an issue across other sites and they don't have any solution for it other than to wait it out.

***Update - outage lasted for about 10 minutes and website seems to be back up.

itsjohnhall_0-1699909589906.png

Azizmengal
Visitor
1 0 0

My Website has the same issue whenever I click on "View" it doesn't open instead there are these words

" There was a problem loading this website

Try refreshing the page.

If the site still doesn't load, please try again in a few minutes.

Refresh Page"  kindly fix it as soon as possible. thankscompl.PNGcpml 2.PNG

ShopDRVGear
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having a problem with my site as this screenshot keeps showing up. My store is called shopdrvgear.com and it has been struggling to load up consistently. I'm guessing it has a problem with the connection of the domain but I've tried clearing the cache but that hasn't worked at all. 

What can I do to solve this problem?

Screenshot_20231113-210014.png

JustinMo
Visitor
1 0 0

same thing is happening to me, pretty sure shopify is experiencing an outage or technical difficulties. 

uRBANwHIPllc
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem. Tried from different browsers and different devices? urbanwhip.com 

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 4.07.56 PM.png

benyoba
Excursionist
24 0 6

Shopify had an outage earlier today. One of the rubber bands holding the chicken wire together broke and the hamsters escaped from the generator. Staff fixed up the breach with duct tape and purchased a dozen white mice to replace the hamsters.

On a more serious note:
Shopify has a huge database that experiences outages quite often. The company grew too fast and their app/plugin strategy of making Shopify a very versatile and customizeable platform has its drawbacks of having balancing issues.

You can check the status of Shopify at:
https://shopifystatus.com/

swphang
Tourist
4 0 2

Is that any solution for this? i am using google chrome, and also clear the cache. But is still doesn't work. I checked the status of my shopify store also but it show no issue, but when i tried to login to the admin site of my store, it show "There was a problem loading this website" after i keyin my password and clicked the login button.

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi, @swphang !

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send me your store URL so I may take a deeper look into this?

I look forward to your reply!

Cheers!

sevenzings
Tourist
4 0 1

@Holly 

Hi Rose,

Our store just went offline - says

Try refreshing the page.

Just making sure this is an outage and nothing on our end? Store address is www.sevenzings.com

Please let us know at your earliest.
Thank you.

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi, @sevenzings !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

From what I can see on my end, your website appears as expected. Have you tried accessing your site/account in a different browser? If you're not already using Google Chrome, I would suggest trying there. I might also recommend clearing your browser of cache and cookies to see if that helps. 

If the issue persists following those troubleshooting steps, please let me know and we can take a deeper look into it together.

Cheers!

majd23
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I just came across this post and i am facing the same issue. Would you be able to help ? thank you 

Mubashir-Ali
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Holly, 

I've been thorough the same experience as Swphang.

My Store is https://bonbon-pk.myshopify.com/

The back end is working fine in another chrome browser in the same PC but not on the primary one. Working fine on my cell phone's browser as well. Please help. 

MubashirAli_0-1665600708101.png

Aswinth_Raj
Visitor
1 0 2

Took me a while to figure this out. So here are the things you should try 

1. Make sure you are using chrome, other browsers are not best supported 

2. If it does not work in chrome try clearing cookies and cache

3.  If clearing cookies and cache did not work, the most likely problem is with your antivirus system. Turn off your antivirus temporarily and try again. I am using K7 Total security and had to disable web protection to get this problem solved. However, now the problem is solved and Shopify loads even with web protection on.  

Not sure why it works this way, maybe something for the developers to look into 

humtumshop
Visitor
1 0 0

You are absolutely right. K7 antivirus was creating the problem. When i disable and then enable K7 my problem was resolved. Thanks a lot

SS-Developer
Tourist
3 0 1

Whenever we try to add/update our website then the above error shown. Have try all the solution in this thread but no luck. Somebody please help. 

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @SS-Developer !

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing? Are you having issues logging into your account with Shopify or is your website offline to visitors?

With a bit more context, I can guide you to a solution.

I look forward to your reply.

SS-Developer
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Rose for your prompt reply. 

Our website is offline to visitors. 

Yes we are logging into account and configuring our site. Whenever we try to update/add pages or menus or update data.  Then this screen shown. 

SSDeveloper_0-1646370943074.png

We have test in different network. Issue is same. After that we refresh multiple times, then it works normally. 

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Thanks for those details @SS-Developer !

Would you be able to send me your store URL so I may test it on my end? In the meantime, can you try clearing your browser of cache and cookies and trying in a different browser to see if it works? It's possible that as you update your site, your browser is holding on to older information that needs to be cleared.

Please let me know how that goes.

SS-Developer
Tourist
3 0 1

Could you please tell me how to share my store url privately ? We have checked in Edge browser, Chrome browser , clearing cache, cookies etc but still facing issue. 

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

@SS-Developer - if you would prefer not to share the store URL that visitors are accessing, you are more than welcome to contact our support team directly. In any case, it appears that this issue will require further investigation into your account - something online a Support Advisor can do after authenticating your account. 

Please contact our support team for further assistance with this. 

All the best,

whythishappen
Visitor
1 0 0

i have the same problem here. any solution?

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @whythishappen !

Can you give me more context on your situation?

I would like to mention that today we did experience an outage with our admin login's that would have affected your access to the account. Are you referring to the admin or the storefront that is offline to customers? 

Looking forward to your reply.

redapple304
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

My friends and I have the same problem today. I think this is error from your system. Although, I move DNS to another host but the website save Shopify's cache. Then, I can not access to the website.

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @redapple304 !

It sounds as though you have changed domain hosts - is that correct? Please tell me more about the domain itself:

• Was the domain originally purchased with Shopify?
  • Did the domain expire and you purchased it again through a new host? If so, which host?
  • Did you make any changed to the DNS settings while the domain was still hosted by Shopify?

Please clarify these points and I'll be glad to help you find a solution.

Cheers!

Bruno231
Visitor
1 0 0

Is that any solution for this? i am using google chrome, and also clear the cache. But is still doesn't work. I checked the status of my shopify store also but it show no issue, but when i tried to login to the admin site of my store, it show "There was a problem loading this website" after i keyin my password and clicked the login button.

Bruno231_0-1689035511887.png

ATJax
Visitor
2 0 0

Holly, I am having the same issue as everyone else here. Does not seem to be an issue with cache or browser, and I have not made any updates in the last 24 hours. How long is it taking for stores to come back online? From above, it looks like this issue resolves itself, but what causes this to begin with?

suedoninem
Visitor
1 0 0

Try refreshing the page.

está acontecendo isso comigo hoje

www.casalare.com.br

esse é meu site

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1206

This is an accepted solution.

This topic has been locked due to age. 

For assistance in future please post a new topic as well as reviewing shopifystatus.com

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify