There was a problem loading this website

miniboho
2 0 0

All of a sudden my website went offline. I'm not able to access my shop and I can't contact support for immediate help. 

I have no idea what the problem could be. Since I don't have access to the admin dashboard I can't investigate that way either. 

How do I get direct support on my site??

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues accessing your admin and storefront. Currently, we do not have any issues with our platform. Are you still unable to access your account?

I suggest clearing the cache and cookies of the web browser you are using. I might also suggest trying this in another browser to see if we can narrow down where the problem might be coming from. If it works in another browser, then it’s likely just a cache issue.

If the issue persists, please pass along your store URL so I may troubleshoot this further for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
benyoba
Excursionist
24 0 6

Shopify had an outage earlier today. One of the rubber bands holding the chicken wire together broke and the hamsters escaped from the generator. Staff fixed up the breach with duct tape and purchased a dozen white mice to replace the hamsters.

On a more serious note:
Shopify has a huge database that experiences outages quite often. The company grew too fast and their app/plugin strategy of making Shopify a very versatile and customizeable platform has its drawbacks of having balancing issues.

You can check the status of Shopify at:
https://shopifystatus.com/

miniboho
2 0 0

Hi Rose!

Thanks for the reply! It wasn't a cache issue, I checked all of the usual suspects before posting on the forum. 

I got back online that day, yes. I figured it wouldn't be long, but I guess my main concern was how to reach support for the error. When I attempted to contact via traditional means (chat/email) I kept being looped back around to FAQs.

With other SaaS providers, I'm able to get immediate help, specific to my issue, in real time, so I just assumed it would be the same with Shopify. 

This is a great platform and if support is addressed in forums, and it works for everyone else, it must be an effective system.

Thanks!

0 Likes
swphang
Tourist
4 0 1

Is that any solution for this? i am using google chrome, and also clear the cache. But is still doesn't work. I checked the status of my shopify store also but it show no issue, but when i tried to login to the admin site of my store, it show "There was a problem loading this website" after i keyin my password and clicked the login button.

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @swphang !

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send me your store URL so I may take a deeper look into this?

I look forward to your reply!

Cheers!

0 Likes
sevenzings
Tourist
4 0 1

@Rose 

Hi Rose,

Our store just went offline - says

There was a problem loading this website

Try refreshing the page.

If the site still doesn't load, please try again in a few minutes.

Just making sure this is an outage and nothing on our end? Store address is www.sevenzings.com

Please let us know at your earliest.
Thank you.

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @sevenzings !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

From what I can see on my end, your website appears as expected. Have you tried accessing your site/account in a different browser? If you're not already using Google Chrome, I would suggest trying there. I might also recommend clearing your browser of cache and cookies to see if that helps. 

If the issue persists following those troubleshooting steps, please let me know and we can take a deeper look into it together.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Aswinth_Raj
1 0 1

Took me a while to figure this out. So here are the things you should try 

1. Make sure you are using chrome, other browsers are not best supported 

2. If it does not work in chrome try clearing cookies and cache

3.  If clearing cookies and cache did not work, the most likely problem is with your antivirus system. Turn off your antivirus temporarily and try again. I am using K7 Total security and had to disable web protection to get this problem solved. However, now the problem is solved and Shopify loads even with web protection on.  

Not sure why it works this way, maybe something for the developers to look into 

humtumshop
1 0 0

You are absolutely right. K7 antivirus was creating the problem. When i disable and then enable K7 my problem was resolved. Thanks a lot

0 Likes