There was a problem loading this website

Highlighted
2 0 0

All of a sudden my website went offline. I'm not able to access my shop and I can't contact support for immediate help. 

I have no idea what the problem could be. Since I don't have access to the admin dashboard I can't investigate that way either. 

How do I get direct support on my site??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 23 28

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues accessing your admin and storefront. Currently, we do not have any issues with our platform. Are you still unable to access your account?

I suggest clearing the cache and cookies of the web browser you are using. I might also suggest trying this in another browser to see if we can narrow down where the problem might be coming from. If it works in another browser, then it’s likely just a cache issue.

If the issue persists, please pass along your store URL so I may troubleshoot this further for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

Shopify had an outage earlier today. One of the rubber bands holding the chicken wire together broke and the hamsters escaped from the generator. Staff fixed up the breach with duct tape and purchased a dozen white mice to replace the hamsters.

On a more serious note:
Shopify has a huge database that experiences outages quite often. The company grew too fast and their app/plugin strategy of making Shopify a very versatile and customizeable platform has its drawbacks of having balancing issues.

You can check the status of Shopify at:
https://shopifystatus.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Rose!

Thanks for the reply! It wasn't a cache issue, I checked all of the usual suspects before posting on the forum. 

I got back online that day, yes. I figured it wouldn't be long, but I guess my main concern was how to reach support for the error. When I attempted to contact via traditional means (chat/email) I kept being looped back around to FAQs.

With other SaaS providers, I'm able to get immediate help, specific to my issue, in real time, so I just assumed it would be the same with Shopify. 

This is a great platform and if support is addressed in forums, and it works for everyone else, it must be an effective system.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Is that any solution for this? i am using google chrome, and also clear the cache. But is still doesn't work. I checked the status of my shopify store also but it show no issue, but when i tried to login to the admin site of my store, it show "There was a problem loading this website" after i keyin my password and clicked the login button.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 23 28

Hi, @swphang !

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send me your store URL so I may take a deeper look into this?

I look forward to your reply!

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes