Third party payment gateway charges in Trinidad & Tobago

Highlighted
4 0 0

I would like to set up a third party payment as Shopify Payments do not support transactions in Trinidad & Tobago. I understand I would have to pay the transaction fee, but does this mean I only pay the transaction fee and the third party fees. What about the Credit Card fees? 

for example if i have the basic account would I pay with 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction plus the 2.0% additional fee? or just the 2.0% additional fee and the third party fees. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

Hi, @DetourStores.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

Great question. There is a transaction fee included on every order that your store receives when using a third-party payment gateway. Check out our pricing and plans to view the credit card rates and transaction fees for each plan. 

Credit card rates are charged when you use Shopify Payments as your payment provider. This means the customer uses their credit card to pay for their order at checkout. If you aren't using Shopify Payments, then only transaction fees would apply. You would also need to pay any fees to your payment gateway if they are applicable, and these would be charged outside of Shopify. If you have any specific questions about these charges, you can reach out to the third-party payment gateway for support. 

We have a list of third-party payment gateways in Trinidad & Tobago that you can find, here: Ways to accept payment in Trinidad & Tobago. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Tira,
my Shopify is located in Trinidad & Tobago.
0 Likes