Third party payment gateway charges

1 0 0

I want to setup a shopify store for my business based in India. Guess shopify doesn't support shopify payments in India and I want to use a third party payment gateway. I want to know if I use it, would I still be charged a transaction fee from Shopify apart from the payment gateway provider's transacton fee..?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 20 37

Hi, @Raghu1989.

Tira here, from Shopify Support! 

That is correct, Shopify Payments is not available in India.

If you use a third-party gateway, you would be charged a transaction fee per order. You can view our pricing and plans page which list the transaction fees charged for each plan, here: Shopify Pricing in India.

There may be an additional fee charged by the third-party gateway. To find out if there is one, I recommend checking out the third-party gateways website for support. We have a list of third-party gateways in India, here: Payment Gateways in India.

I understand how Shopify Payments would be beneficial for merchants like yourself, in India, so I am happy to add your name to the list of interested merchants who are requesting this feature. If it's added, we will announce it to you and all of our merchants, and it will be listed in our changelog.  

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please add my account to your list of interested merchants for shopify partner payment gateways.

i am having customers in India as well as out side India. thus keeping INR as base currecy, i could not accpet USD thorugh Paypal & if i keep USD as currency, i can not accept Indian customers payment.

it is a zigsaw puzzle. i am unable to figure out.

If you have any other options, please suggest.

thanks

0 Likes