Third party payment gateway charges

Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to setup a shopify store for my business based in India. Guess shopify doesn't support shopify payments in India and I want to use a third party payment gateway. I want to know if I use it, would I still be charged a transaction fee from Shopify apart from the payment gateway provider's transacton fee..?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 39 126

Hi, @Raghu1989.

Tira here, from Shopify Support! 

That is correct, Shopify Payments is not available in India.

If you use a third-party gateway, you would be charged a transaction fee per order. You can view our pricing and plans page which list the transaction fees charged for each plan, here: Shopify Pricing in India.

There may be an additional fee charged by the third-party gateway. To find out if there is one, I recommend checking out the third-party gateways website for support. We have a list of third-party gateways in India, here: Payment Gateways in India.

I understand how Shopify Payments would be beneficial for merchants like yourself, in India, so I am happy to add your name to the list of interested merchants who are requesting this feature. If it's added, we will announce it to you and all of our merchants, and it will be listed in our changelog.  

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Please add my account to your list of interested merchants for shopify partner payment gateways.

i am having customers in India as well as out side India. thus keeping INR as base currecy, i could not accpet USD thorugh Paypal & if i keep USD as currency, i can not accept Indian customers payment.

it is a zigsaw puzzle. i am unable to figure out.

If you have any other options, please suggest.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 39 126

Hi, @DarshanParecha.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

I would be happy to add your name to the list of merchants wanting Shopify Payments for their location. What is your myshopify.com URL and where are you located?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
659 77 108

Intrested in shopify payment in india 

https://properodev1.myshopify.com

Regards,

Lokendra

- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 39 126

Hi, @Propero.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for your store URL. I've added your store to our feedback list to request for Shopify Payments in India.

Cheers, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 3

Hi, @Tira,

I'm also facing a similar dilemma. My store is in India, but my customer base is in the US, so I accept only USD. 

I have checked out many third-party payment gateways for my store like PayU, PayuBiz, 2Checkout, CashFree, CCAvenue, etc. But they rejected my application saying they don't support international dropshipping. 

Currently, I have only Paypal Express on my store, which leads to cart abandonments. 

When Stripe is available in India, I wonder why Shopify Payments isn't here yet. 

My store URL is commontrolley.myshopify.com/ 

I request you to please add my name to the list of merchants wanting Shopify Payments for India.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 39 126

Hi, @arun90.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for your store URL and I appreciate you sharing the details of the reason you want Shopify Payments in your location. I've gone ahead and added your store to our feedback list. 

You mentioned that you're using PayPal Express Checkout as a payment method and it is causing you to receive abandoned checkouts on your store. Did a customer reach out to you about this? How did you find this out on your store? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 3

Hi @Tira

I appreciate your prompt reply and for adding my store URL to your feedback list.

About more than a month back, a customer had added a product to his cart but later abandoned it. I checked his contact details, which seemed fine, and followed up by emailing him.

I asked him the cause of abandonment but didn't get any response. I followed up with some emails and asked if he was having any issue during checkout, but couldn't receive any response.

Since then, I had some cart abandonments. Though I've tried following up with the customers, none of them has opened up about the issue. As for my store checkout process, I've done my A/B testing. It's working fine until the very end.

I'm guessing it has to do with Paypal Express as most customers want a seamless checkout. Logically, if making a credit card payment, very few people would like to login to Paypal first and make a card payment. Only customers who are comfortable paying with Paypal will sign in to their Paypal accounts.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
742 39 126

Thanks for sharing these details, @arun90. I'm sorry to hear that your customer didn't get back to you on the reasons they left checkout.

I think you're correct that this could be a result of reduced payment options available on your store. I appreciate that you've done your own experimenting with your checkout process. 

I've gone ahead and added this to your feedback. 

I would also like to share a few resources on abandoned carts with you to read when you have time:

The Top 4 Reasons Users Abandon Their Carts and What to do About it - This blog post covers customers who struggle with checkout processes and some action steps to alleviate this. 

How to Build an Abandoned Cart Email Sequence - Features examples of emails that can help you move your customers forward to making a purchase on your store.

13 Amazing Abandoned Cart Emails (And What You Can Learn From Them) - This post covers what abandoned carts are and a recipe to create one. 

Let me know if you find this helpful.