This domain is currently managed by a different shop.

Highlighted
5 0 0

hey please help me I have purchased domain and when I try to add it on my Shopify store it says 

This domain is currently managed by a different shop.
please help me my email is amanrajputhustle@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 36 58

Hey, @uniquehippo!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of this problem you're facing. I'm happy to help resolve this! There are a number of reasons that the domain may have been associated with another shop previously, but if you own the domain at this time, we can remove it from another shop once we verify your ownership of it. I've sent an email to the email address associated with you Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email and let me know your .myshopify.com URL, and then we can proceed with the next steps together. 

Looking forward to receiving your reply! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@Ash I got your mail asking me for details I did send you details after that but I didn't get any reply from you. Please update me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1374 0 0

Hey there,

Thanks for posting this @uniquehippo , I'm having the exact same issue...

I'd love some help please @Ash, I cannot contact the support team from my Shopify account for some reason...

My email is anais@superlove.com.au. I can send the proof that I own my domain.

Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 36 58

Hey, @uniquehippo

I received your email reply, and I've sent you an update back over email. I've successfully cleared up your domain for use on your new shop! Let me know by replying to that email if you need any further assistance. 

To the new poster, welcome to the thread! I'm unable to tag you in this reply, as your Shopify Community account appears to be set to Anonymous, but I see the email you posted and I will follow up with you via email to take the next steps together. Looking forward to helping out! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have a domain with GoDaddy and I initiated the transfer of the domain from Godaddy, unlocked the domain, got the verification code, but when I come to shopify to initiate the transfer of the domain, after i enter the domain name and click next, it says "This domain is currently managed by a different shop."

Can you please help me resolve this? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 36 58

Hey, @KukkrIndia!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community and to this thread! 

I'm sorry to hear of the problem you've run into while trying to transfer your domain to Shopify. I'm happy to help out with this! It sounds like your domain may already be associated with a Shopify store, but since you own the domain, I'll be able to remove it from the other store for you. This will free it up to be used on your current store! In order to move forward with this, I'll need to authenticate you as the owner of the domain. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account with the next steps. Please reply to that email, and as soon as I receive your reply we can move forward with your request. 

0 Likes