This site can't be reached DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

1 0 0

Hello,

I setup my website: https://ajantatrading.ca since about 3 weeks ago.  From Canada, I managed to successfully reach this website about 90% of the time only if I tried to open it using the same internet browser (so about 10% of the time I got the "This site can't be reached DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" message). If I use a different internet browser (from the same PC), I will get the error message more often.

From USA, my friends can only reach this website about 50% of the time, while from outside North America, the success rate to reach this website is less than 50%.

The domain is being hosted by 3rd party (domain.com) which has been successfully connected to Shopify.

By any chance, is there any suggestion to improve the success rate in anyone (across the globe) to access my website https://ajantatrading.ca ?  

From other thread, a Shopify expert used the who.is website (link here) to identify potential DNS record issue.  However, since I am personally not familiar with which DNS record to keep vs. to delete, any suggestion will be appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1548 94 334

Hey, @yprawiro

The issue would be with the domain and the DNS settings and not specific to the region of the viewer. When connecting a domain to Shopify, it requires that the "A" record for the root domain (ajantatrading.ca) points to 23.227.38.65 and the "Cname" record for the subdomain (www.ajantatrading.ca) points to shops.myshopify.com. As you can see, the public records for your domain do not have the proper DNS settings: 

20-09-kfn3k-1zzfu

Any additional "A" or "AAAA" for either your root domain, or subdomain will cause an error to appear. In order to fix this, you will need to login to your domain manager with domain.com and update the DNS records. If you're not sure how to do this, then you will want to reach out to their support directly. Once the proper settings are in place it will take up to 24 hours for them to take effect. You can find more information on connecting a third-party domain through our help centre here.  

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes