This site can't be reached DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I am getting ready to launch my store tomorrow.

I bought my domain via NameCheap & was hosting a pre-launch website with Wix.

Today, I have disassociated the domain from Wix. I have followed the steps to connect my domain from NameCheap to Shopify from this page.

My 'Domains' page now says my domain ( idlefury.co.uk ) is connected, however, when I visit the website I am met with the following message:

This site can’t be reached

idlefury.co.uk’s server IP address could not be found.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Have I done something wrong here, or will it just take some time to transfer over?

Might be worth mentioning that for about 30 mins afterwards, a Wix error page was showing when I visited the website. Now the above is just being shown.

Apologies if it's an issue I just need to wait out (I'm just nervous for the launch to go smoothly.)

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 27 31

This is an accepted solution.

Hi IdlefuryApparel,

I can see your Shopify store when accessing idlefury.co.uk , so it's working fine.

DNS changes don't always reflect immediately and can take a few hours to fully propagate.

You did everything correctly.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Vellir,

That's amazing, thank you so much for your swift response.

I can put my mind at ease now, haha.

Much appreciated,

Jake

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Hello, this is what I am getting as well. I did not change anything on my website, and I can't access it. Can you please help me? I have never had this problem. It is not my wifi connection, so how else can I fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Might be worth starting a new thread - more likely to get a response from a staff member on a new thread

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm getting the same error.

I need help to have this fix. asap!

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.02.22 AM.png

0 Likes