This site can’t be reached. server IP address could not be found.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, I was wondering what is causing this problem.
Just the day before everything was working fine.
But now I can't access the site with the domain name. However, I can access the site if I use" sitename.myshopify.com" as a primary domain.

shopify.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 391

Hey there, @Matthxoxo 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

By the sounds of things, it would appear that there is an issue with the DNS settings of your domain, it appears that it may be missing an A Record. 

1. Log in to the account you have with your domain provider.

2. Find your DNS settings. Look for your domain management area, DNS configuration, or similar.

3. Edit your A record to point to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy

The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs or editable fields, or you might have to check boxes or edit a table. You need to:

• enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record
    • enter Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy as the destination for the A record.
  4. Save the A Record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar).

5. Find the CNAME record in your DNS settings.

6. Change your www CNAME record to point to shops.myshopify.com Copy . Often, you need to provide just the prefix without the dot, but for some domain providers you need the whole subdomain. Use the existing entries as a guide, or follow your provider's instructions. CNAME records must always point to a domain name, never to an IP address.

7. Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

It's already the way you want to input .but its still not working

shopify 2.PNG
is it because the Shopify-managed domains is still under " setup in progress".
The website that i want to connect is the with " setup in progress".
check the image below:
part 3.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 391

Thanks for getting back to me. It does look like some action needs to be taken with this domain, can you click "Manage" beside the domain in question to see if there is any further information as to what is happening here? Often this happens when there is an issue verifying the email, etc. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

I am having the same issue as well. Can you please help me accomplish two things:

1) remove the other domains that are currently connected

2) connect the new domain so I can have my website and email up and running

Here's what's happening:

I purchased a new domain in April, 2020 and connected it to my store with no issues.

Just a few days ago my website was fine and my email was connected. Now neither are working and my website says "This site can’t be reached [website]’s server IP address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN "

I checked the DNS Settings.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.15.20 AM.png

Here is what I see when I access my Domains.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.24.06 AM.png

When I click on manage this is what shows:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.29.20 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same issue I hope this can be fixed soon. I am losing sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

same!  I am very disappointed that shopify doesnt have live chat or phone, email support! just this discussion forum! seriously? We are running businesses here! how about some real live phone, chat or email support!!!!!!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 391

Hey there, @shopxodolls 

To help you faster, we’ve moved our phone conversations to online chats and email. If you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to chat, email, or Twitter. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello

I am still using shopify domain and yet mine is still not yet working since today,done everything that i was been told

My shopify domain is

Wemstars.myshopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Its says wemstars.myshopify.com took to long to respond and site can't be reached 

0 Likes