This site can’t be reached

Greenish
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, I am having an issue with my website. After confirming my information; everything seems to be okay in Shopify's side.

Subdomains status is connected 

www.greenishpodcast.com
Connected

Primary domain is connected

greenishpodcast.com
Connected

Shopify managed domains also show connected

green-ish-sustainably-living.myshopify.com
Connected
www.greenishpodcast.com
Connected

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Hi, @Greenish,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing your store URL which allows me to take a closer look at this.

I took a look using this website at your domain, however, it is not showing me any DNS records. Where is your domain hosted? Is it within Shopify (purchased directly from your admin) or is it a third-party that you need to connect to your store?

We need to take a look at the DNS records and ensure we have them added as per that guide. You should have one A Record with a value of 23.227.38.65 and a CNAME Record with a value of shops.myshopify.com.

02-10-ozu29-rsiob

Once the DNS records are changed, it can take up to 72 hours for domain propagation to complete. Another reason may be that the domain is not yet verified, have you received any emails relating to the status of your domain? Note that it may get routed to your junk/spam folder.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Greenish
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Hank, thank you for reaching out... I first purchased it from Google Domains, then moved it to shopify.

Before it was moved to Shopify, it was connected to my store and working perfectly. Once the move completed I received an email to verify my info or the domain would be suspended.

After I verified my info this happened and the site could no longer be reached.

In regards of A Record, the value currently shows 23.227.38.68. Shopify IP (please note this is the default settings, it was not changed by me).

CNAME is shops.myshopify.com

Another reason you mentioned it may be that the domain is not yet verified, I received this email and verified. The issue started right after.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Thank you for the additional context.

Depending on how the domain was transferred, sometimes Google domains initiates that A record, but the recommend default A record we advise using is 23.227.38.65. However, this would not be the sole reason why you are experiencing this issue.

I'd like to take a closer look to run some tests, and query with the technical team if necessary. Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
Pgmanifest
2 0 0

My website can’t be reached. I got my domain directly from Shopify and my account is current. 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Thank you for reaching out here, @Pgmanifest.

Can you tell me a bit more about the issue you are facing? 

Since purchasing your domain, when did you first notice the website was not available? Was there any error messages prior to when you noticed an issue, what is the message you are seeing now?

Can you share your store URL and I can see if I can access this on my end?

The more information you can share, the better I will be able to assist you in determining what the issue might be.

0 Likes
Pgmanifest
2 0 0
Yes it just loads and says my site can’t be reached. My website domain is :
prettygirlsmanifest.com
0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Thank you for the additional context.

I tried going to your website and it brings me to a password protected page, which means that it looks like the issue you are seeing may be a localized one.

04-48-yox94-6j6x3

Can you try opening your admin or your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache and attempting once again?

Let me know how you get on!

0 Likes
Greenish
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Hank, I answered to your email.

I appreciate the help.