Tiered Discounts

Tourist
14 0 1

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a solution to create a tiered discount code? Ideally we would want one code that would offer the following discounts based on a cart total...

5% off $1k or more

10% off $2k or more

15% off $3k or more

20% off $4k or more

Ideally this discount would be reflected in the cart ahead of checking out. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 0 18

Hi Kevin!

Kerstin here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

Check out the Automatic Discount app wich sounds like it would be a perfect fit.

Cheers,

Kerstin K.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Kerstin,

I want the same feature in my store, but I do not want to use any paid app. Is there any way or API to do it?

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Kevin/Shopify team

Did you ever manage to work this one out? I am trying to do the same on my store. There are apps that can automatically apply the offer, but I want one that requires the customer to enter a code before the discount is applied.

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
13 3 0

try out the Upsell Cross-sell Master app: 

• Automatically show upsell and cross-sell products when your customers click “Add to cart” or “Checkout” to boost sales via product upsells.
  • Create discounted upsell and cross-sell products such as buy X get Y, get free shipping, percentage and fixed amount.
  • Create more opportunities to show upsell and cross-sell products to your customers to increase the value of orders and make more money.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 70

Hi, @chetanjoshi29 and @Matthew_Harper1!

This is May from Shopify.

Thank you for bumping this post. You can definitely set up tiered discount with discount codes. In order to set this up, you will need to create a code for each tier. Below are the steps to create tiered discounts, using the example posted by Kevin above.

1. From your admin, go to 'Discounts', click on either 'Codes' and click 'Create discount'. If you are creating discount code, this section:

will be the code that you customers will use to apply the discount. 

2. Fill out the discount type and value.

3. To apply the discount to orders above $1000 or more, you'll want to select 'Minimum purchase amount' and enter in $1000

4. Click 'Save'.

5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other discounts tiers.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply back to this thread and I'll be more than happy to help!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi May

From my understanding, automatic discounts are applied to all carts where the requirements (e.g. order value) are met. What we want to do is have the tiered discount apply only after a code is entered. We want this to be a single code. For example:

- No code entered: no discount

- Code ABC123 entered and order value over £100: 10% off

- Code ABC123 entered and order value over £200: 20% off

Is this possible? I am happy to use either the standard functionality or an app.

Many thanks

Matt

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
63 6 5

@Matthew_Harper1 

Why do you need code instead of discount automation? Is it because you want only specific customers use the code?

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Risa

We want to use the offer as a driver of traffic to the website... to attract customers who weren't planning on purchasing with us - either new or existing customers (e.g. our mailing list or social media followers). We wouldn't want to give the discount to a customer who has found their way onto the website themselves e.g. organic search.

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

This is not a valid option as Shopify does not allow me to have multiple automatic discounts!

There is 1 error with this discount:

Only one automatic discount can be active at a time. Select another date.

0 Likes