I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a solution to create a tiered discount code? Ideally we would want one code that would offer the following discounts based on a cart total...
5% off $1k or more
10% off $2k or more
15% off $3k or more
20% off $4k or more
Ideally this discount would be reflected in the cart ahead of checking out. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
try out the Upsell Cross-sell Master app:
This is May from Shopify.
Thank you for bumping this post. You can definitely set up tiered discount with discount codes. In order to set this up, you will need to create a code for each tier. Below are the steps to create tiered discounts, using the example posted by Kevin above.
1. From your admin, go to 'Discounts', click on either 'Codes' and click 'Create discount'. If you are creating discount code, this section:
will be the code that you customers will use to apply the discount.
2. Fill out the discount type and value.
3. To apply the discount to orders above $1000 or more, you'll want to select 'Minimum purchase amount' and enter in $1000
4. Click 'Save'.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other discounts tiers.
Let me know if this helps! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply back to this thread and I'll be more than happy to help!
From my understanding, automatic discounts are applied to all carts where the requirements (e.g. order value) are met. What we want to do is have the tiered discount apply only after a code is entered. We want this to be a single code. For example:
- No code entered: no discount
- Code ABC123 entered and order value over £100: 10% off
- Code ABC123 entered and order value over £200: 20% off
Is this possible? I am happy to use either the standard functionality or an app.
Why do you need code instead of discount automation? Is it because you want only specific customers use the code?
We want to use the offer as a driver of traffic to the website... to attract customers who weren't planning on purchasing with us - either new or existing customers (e.g. our mailing list or social media followers). We wouldn't want to give the discount to a customer who has found their way onto the website themselves e.g. organic search.