Tifoka website unavailable after purchase

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 5

I ordered some toilet paper from tifoka, after a few hours I saw that the shop was unavailable. Why? Is it for shipping purposes or scam purpose? I need help ASAP. This feels suspicious.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
Oh no!! The same happened to me too!! 😳🥺
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 5
Same here. Just had to call and cancel my credit card. Looks like scam.
I also ordered toilet paper. I only have 3 rolls at home right now! 🥺
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same here. I canceled my debit card but there is nothing else the bank can do. I filed a fraud report at ftc.gov and fbi.gov. I suggest everyone do the same even if only to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I have screenshots of my transaction and their website. I also saved their text confirmation. 

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 609

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Julio81,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out about this. Shopify takes these potential fraud stores very seriously. I am sorry to hear this has happened to you after ordering from this store but there is definitely a course of action you can take to help you here. The first thing I would always suggest is to reach out to the store directly but since this doesn’t seem to be possible as they are closed, your best step is to reach out to your bank directly about this. Your bank will have measures in place for you to follow in this case and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account. We do also have an FAQ community post going through all the details of this process which you might find useful. You can see this topic here as well as a screenshot of what the complaint section looks like below. 

20-03-mgdya-7zduh

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions about this.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 1

Yes thought this was a legitimate website myself yesterday....  Was excited to share what I had found for others struggling with getting toilet paper & wham after a Facebook friend said the website was not working I went to check myself & sure enough not there...  I did call my bank they said they couldn't do anything right away but, if the transaction doesn't go thru the money would be reversed....  I could have went again a had a new card sent out but, with my paycheck being directly deposited I decided to hold off until I had most of my bills paid...  Lucky for me my account has a savings account feature so I moved the rest of what I had over to it....  And also when I went to look at my transactions the company wasn't listed it was a random guy so that was a red flag...  I know it was only 10.00 but it still upset me...   I've looked for the website again but, I think they must have had a way of changing their website or knowing who's desperate...    Hopefully, no one else like many of us fall into this trap...  

Highlighted
2 0 4
The name on my transaction came up as Larry Lee Johnson LLC....very suspicious when it mentions nothing about tifoka at all...now the website is gone and no one replies to your emails because the whole site was a scam... all for some toilet paper... :(
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 5
Can you imagine, all for toilet paper!
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
🤦🏽‍♀️ The “merchant” name on my transaction is “Jackie Humphrey.” All I wanted was some toilet paper. 🧻 Hopefully we will all be reimbursed.
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 5

see Shopify? These are people who are experiencing the same experience if I hadn’t put this complaint on here. Everyone would’ve been silent.