Timing on sale product

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello  i want to put my particular product on sale with time . For Example i want to give sale on a tshirt of 500 rs for 400 rs on a particular day with particular time . I can show the compare price from admin but i am unable to set time for that particular product .is there a way i can auto set sale time and date so tht sale end automatically .is there a way to do  programatically so tht i dont have to end sale  manually.

please dont suggest app .

thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 24 40

Hey, @Amitjaiswal!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for reaching out with your question! 

While you can absolutely apply a sale to products in your store via compare at prices, currently there is no way to schedule compare at prices to be applied or removed natively. With that said, I can totally see the value this would add to many businesses, and I've submit a feature request on your behalf to our developers for future consideration. Since scheduling compare at prices is not currently possible within the admin, I'll share a few potential work arounds for you to review. 

One potential work around rather than using compare at prices, is using discount codes. You're able to schedule discount codes to be active on your site for a set duration of days and/ or time. With this work around, you would need to make sure the discount codes are displayed somewhere on your site for customers to see. This could be right in your product descriptions, or perhaps on an announcement bar or home page section. 

Another potential work around is using an application. I realize you prefer not to use an app based on your original post, but at this time an app would be the best solution to get the exact functionality you're looking for. Here are a few applications that allow you to schedule price changes, sales and discounts: 

I hope one of these solutions ends up working for you, and feel free to reach out any time if you need further assistance! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey @Ash  thank you for your time and response . i understand this feature is not available in admin for now because for such functionality shopify has provided a paid apps and i understand if shopify will provide every functionality and features in admin then how shopify will generate revenue from app. Its a business right?  I hope as u said you have submit feature request to shopify will add soon sot that who don't want to use app can do that way.

Thanku

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 24 40

Hey, @Amitjaiswal!

My pleasure! I'm always happy to help out and offer any guidance I can. I absolutely appreciate the desire not to use applications, although sometimes it can be necessary to achieve the result you seek. I do want to note that although the apps in question are found and installed in the Shopify App Store, and are usually billed directly through Shopify, apps that require payment are generally third-party applications, and the payment goes to the developer of the app. Most of the Shopify-made applications are free to use or install, but additional fees would be charged in instances where ads are created and run, or orders are processed through a third-party platform. That's a bit beside the point, but I just wanted to clear that up. 

Also, I assure you that I've submit your feedback to our team, and I hope that in a future update we can see the features you need included in the admin natively. Again, feel free to reach out any time if you need further assistance. You can reply back here, or start a new thread if you have questions or concerns regarding a different topic. Have a great day!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes