To change the "Sale" tag to calculated percentage plus word in the SIMPLE Theme

Solved
Tourist
9 0 1

I have edited my shopify in simple theme reference by this link:
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Change-quot-sales-quot-text-to-percentage-on-Simp...

And here is my shopify website: ones-day.com

And it is worked but just work in specific page.
Here is successful by way of the attached linkHere is successful by way of the attached linkAs shown the words do not change to xx% OFF in my home page, How can I edit the code to solve this problem? Many thanks for any solution!As shown the words do not change to xx% OFF in my home page, How can I edit the code to solve this problem? Many thanks for any solution!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
676 79 112

This is an accepted solution.

@hungyujj 

Ensuring that %age change also reflect on the product page and not just grid, please follow below steps 

1. Go to product-template.liquid under Sections and open the file

Search the code

{% if product.compare_at_price_max > product.price %}
            <span class="badge badge--sale"><span>{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</span></span>
          {% endif %}

Replace the above code with below code

{% if product.compare_at_price_max > product.price %}
<span class="badge badge--sale"><span>{{ product.compare_at_price_max | minus: product.price | times: 100.0 | divided_by: product.compare_at_price_max | money_without_currency | times: 100 | remove: '.0'}}%</span></span>
{% endif %}

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in

Shopify Partner
676 79 112

This is an accepted solution.

@hungyujj 

same change is needed in 

featured-product.liquid file also

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in

3 0 0

Hi,  

I'm using the minimal theme and would like to change my sale or reduced / compare at price tag to read as the value saved rather than *sale* or *reduced*. 

Example: If the compare at price was £10.00 and the new price is £7.00, I would like the tag to read "You save £3.00" or "You save 30%"

My current product-template.liquid is as follows:

{% if product.compare_at_price > product.price %}
<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="false">{{ 'products.product.sale_price' | t }}</span>
<s id="ComparePrice" class="product-single__sale-price">
{{ product.compare_at_price_max | money }}
</s>
{% else %}
<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="true">{{ 'products.product.sale_price' | t }}</span>
<s id="ComparePrice" class="product-single__sale-price hide">
</s>

Please could some help!? Many thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2571 133 434

Hi @Natalie21 If you need integration help with the following I can be hired at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com 

@Natalie21 wrote:

I'm using the minimal theme and would like to change my sale or reduced / compare at price tag to read as the value saved rather than *sale* or *reduced*. 

Example: If the compare at price was £10.00 and the new price is £7.00, I would like the tag to read "You save £3.00" or "You save 30%"

My current product-template.liquid is as follows:

<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="false">{{ 'products.product.sale_price' | t }}</span>
</s>
{% else %}
<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="true">{{ 'products.product.sale_price' | t }}</span>
<s id="ComparePrice" class="product-single__sale-price hide">
</s>

To 

<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="false">You save</span>
{{ product.price | minus:product.compare_at_price_max   | money }}
</s>

For percentage you would use something like either with ceil or floor math filters

{{ product.compare_at_price | minus: product.price | times: 100 | divided_by: product.compare_at_price | money_without_currency }}

Further customization available at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com  

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for your response @PaulNewton Unfortunately, your instruction doesn't seem to have worked.

I have removed the original template and replaced with your advice but its not changed anything. This is how it reads now...Have I done something wrong?

<div class="product-single__prices{% if shop.taxes_included or shop.shipping_policy.body != blank %} product-single__prices--policy-enabled{% endif %}">
            <span id="PriceA11y" class="visually-hidden">{{ 'products.product.regular_price' | t }}</span>
            <span id="ProductPrice" class="product-single__price" itemprop="price" content="{{ product.price | divided_by: 100.00 }}">
              {{ product.price | money }}
            </span>

<span id="ComparePriceA11y" class="visually-hidden" aria-hidden="false">You save</span>
{{ product.price | minus:product.compare_at_price_max   | money }}
</s>
            {% endif %}

{% include 'product-unit-price', variant: variant, available: true %}

</div>

{%- if shop.taxes_included or shop.shipping_policy.body != blank -%}
            <div class="product-single__policies{% if product.has_only_default_variant and section.settings.product_quantity_enable == false %} product__policies--no-dropdowns{% endif %} rte">
              {%- if shop.taxes_included -%}
                {{ 'products.general.include_taxes' | t }}
              {%- endif -%}
              {%- if shop.shipping_policy.body != blank -%}
                {{ 'products.general.shipping_policy_html' | t: link: shop.shipping_policy.url }}
              {%- endif -%}

Thank you, Natalie
0 Likes