To create this profile, 1 change is required: Cannot save zone. Country: 'United Kingdom' must have

Solved
0808jane
2 0 0

Hi I've been adding shipping rates today and it all worked fine.  I would add United Kingdom and it would shop up with "United Kingdom (5 of 0 regions)" then I could save my changes and allocate items to my shipping rate. 

However later today I've tried to add shipping for the uk and now it comes up as just "United Kingdom" nothing about regions.  Then when I press save I get this message:

To create this profile, 1 change is required:

Cannot save zone. Country: 'United Kingdom' must have at least one province associated.

I really don't think I've done anything differently but I'm pretty tired so maybe I did.  If anyone out there can show me what I'm doing wrong I'd be so grateful!  I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference?
0 Likes
JulieFountain
Tourist
3 1 2

I'm having exactly the same problem, also in the UK. I've just spent an hour or two on chat with Shopify support and the agent is continuing to investigate the problem for me and will email me.  So frustrating but I'm relieved to read its not just me!

Mossyboy
2 0 2

It’s because it has always been just UK, they have added the 5 regions just today by everyone’s surprise then rolled it back just to UK. It seems to be back again now though. Keep an eye on an official post from shopify about it. 

msslen
2 0 1

Hi, 

I had the same issue and managed to figure it out. Here is how you fix that problem.

1. Click on the three dots.

2. Click "Edit zone"

3. Bring up the country which you are adding to that zone.

4. On the right you would see a down-facing arrow with numbers and the word "Regions" next to it.

5. All the cities or areas are there. So with the United Kingdom, you have to tick the box of the countries you want to add eg Wales, London, Scotland, and Ireland.

I hope this helps you. 

JulieFountain
Tourist
3 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

I had an email from the Support Agent confirming the developers had been working on these issues and they're now fixed. All seems well in my settings, phew!

0808jane
2 0 0

Thanks!  I'm glad it wasn't just me I'm a bit of a Luddite so it could have been my mistake.  I also went on via the app this morning and that worked fine.  Will try later on my laptop as I'm adding more products today.  Thanks everyone.

0 Likes