Too many login attempts

Solved
manka
3 0 0

Hello I'm trying to close and delete my store - but im not able to.
The message is that i tried my password too many times
Would you be able to assists

Warmest
Manka

[image: image.png]

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 155 194

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @manka! Thanks for reaching out again. I created a new topic for your question, since it is unrelated to the topic it was originally posted in. By starting a new thread, it will also make it easier to find for others who are also experiencing this. Let’s dive in!

Login attempts, like when entering your password in order to close your store, are throttled when too many failed attempts are made from the same email address and/or device. This is because pages for email, password, forgot password and 2-step authentication use reCAPTCHA as a measure to help mitigate bot traffic. 

Therefore, because it is the underlying infrastructure (Google's reCaptcha) that is responsible for the mitigation, we’re unable to reset your password attempts from our end. Therefore, what you need to do is wait until it initiates on its own so that the “too many attempts” message doesn’t appear anymore. Or you can try to close your store from a different IP address.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LittleBearChief
1 0 0

Were you able to get your account closed?  How long did you have to wait?  Or did you complete the closure from a different IP address?   Interested as I am having the same problem.  Thanks.

0 Likes