I have tried just about every major shopping cart out there and finally decided on Shopify because of the new design for the tool. However, after using it for about 3 months I have found the following things that just drive me a bit insane.
1. You can changes the status of the order, every other cart has this feature. You can change the status from one status to another. I asked Shopify support "Sorry can't Un-Cancel an order."
2. Entered a wrong tracking number, I cannot find an easy way to change it. Waiting on support to probably tell me you can't.
3. Can't change the email address on the billing address details. I can edit the customer's email int their login profile, but it does not update the order email. how come I can't change it in the actual order?
4. Can't seem to create a new order from within the admin tool, I need to place it through the website like a customer.
5. Cannot offer free shipping per product and the free shipping discount code seems to be only up to a dollar amount.
Don't mean to complain, but these items should be basic shopping cart features. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right place in the admin where I am able to do these things. Any feedback from other users, I had an order that encountered 3 of these issues as the result of item #1 , which was cause by the Fraud Filter not working properly and cancelled the order. Thanks.
Agreed! Shopify is well made, easy to use, and by far the prettiest shopping cart, but missing some of the features. I'm still frustrating about putting SEO info on tags(currently not available in Shopify), changing info for many items/orders at once(hate that I have to use APPs every time). Hope they fix some of the major problems soon!
Give them a time, they slowly keep updated Shopify with enhancements. All the more, there are a huge amount of apps available for Shopify, and it seems to me that the most popular things will be included in Shopify in future.
I agree with the list - the cart functions, or lack thereof, are very frustrating. Not being able to adjust a customer's order is nuts. We have times when a customer orders two of something then changes their mind prior to shipping and only wants one. Fine. But how to adjust that in Shopify? You can't. When asked a Shopify expert responded: "You can now issue partial refunds! Isn't that great?!?" Um, not really. The customer's order will still show they ordered 2 of something when in fact they only received 1.
I understand they are making changes/updates, but a more robust cart/order control is a priority over many of the little changes made in Shopify 2 in my opinion of course.
Thanks Ever but i continue to do not know how to put the description fo the picture... i send you what i was doing before... thanks ever... gracias