Total Number of Email Subscribers

2 0 0

How do I find out how many email subscribers I have? Am I able to break the total number of email subscribers down to geographical regions? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 2 4

Hi, do you mean the number of customers who have agreed to accept marketing from you store? If that's what you mean, go to your Customers admin and filter by Accepts email marketing = Yes. This link will actually take you right there.

There is another filter for "Located in" that let's you filter down by country. So if you combine the Accepts email marketing filter plus filter for the country or countries of customers you wish to targer, then export the CSV file and count the number of rows, that will give you a total

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 23 41

Hi, @charcoal-beauty.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. Thank you @James-G for your contribution! I just wanted to add some additional guidance here as well.

You can find a list of email subscribers who have signed up through the newsletter sign-up on your store by following these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- On the left-hand side, click on "Customers"

- Click on "Filter" 

- Click on "Select a Filter > Accepts email marketing"

- Click on "Select a value > Yes" 

- Click on "Add filter" to show the results

2019-11-15_15-38-14-bgrrj

This will bring up a list of customers who have chosen to accept email marketing. Above the list of customer names, you'll see a message that shows you the number of people subscribed. 

To filter it down by location, click on "Filter > Select a filter > Located in > then select a location and click on "Add Filter" - this will provide you with a list of email subscribers located in that specific location. 

If you would like to see all of the customers in a list and sort them manually in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel, you can click on the "Export" button at the top to export a list of your customers. In this sheet, you can view who accepts marketing, and where the customers are located. You can learn more about exporting customers in our help docs, here: Importing and exporting customers.

Let me know if that helps and if you have any other questions! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
25 2 4

@Tira In my store admin, there are 1000s of customers who accept email marketing and when I use that filter there is no place in the admin that shows the full total of people subscribed, I instead see "Showing 50 customers" because of the 50 per page limit on pagination, and the only way I can get the total is to export, select 50+ customers matching search, then count the rows. Is this a quirk of stores with a lot of customer records or the experience all merchants will have? Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 3.52.39 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 23 41

Hi, @James-G.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

That is correct, when a filter is applied, only 50 customers will appear on the page at one time. This is effective on all stores on Shopify. As you mentioned, one of the best ways to figure out how many customers over the 50 shown, is to count the rows manually and add them. You can also export your customer list as a CSV file, and then use the "row count" function in the program where you open up the CSV file, to count the rows for you and how many customers accept marketing.

With this being said, we are aware that this feature could improve. I am happy to add your feedback to our list so that our developers can acknowledge that it would be beneficial to see more than 50 customers at one time on the page. If this feature request is released, we will list it in our changelog or on our announcements page. If you have any other feedback or questions, please reply to this thread and I would be happy to help!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like