Track User sign up from Klaviyo on google analytics

Ravi_Vendo
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello,

We are trying to track when someone signup on our website using form provided by klaviyo. Klaviyo provided following link to us for tracking such events in google analytics.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005077027-Configure-Google-Analytics-Goal-Tracking-for...

but the problem here is because the google analytics is setup by shopify and it is custom implementation the google global variable _gaq is not something that we are able to recognize on the site when we are trying to use. 

We are trying to figure out how we can make it happen on shopify.

Please let me know if I can get some help on this.

Thank you!

0 Likes
MarcosPe
2 0 0

I'm trying to get the same thing solved.

Actually I have 3 different forms and I wand to track them independently on  Google Analytics Goals.

If any body know about this?

Klaviyo team was not very helpful on this, they limited to send me to the same page as the one you are showing.

0 Likes
Suigein
2 0 0

Hi Ravi - did you ever end up finding an answer to this? We are trying to track Klaviyo signups on Google Analytics using the same instructions you linked but having no luck. 

0 Likes
MarcosPe
2 0 0
I'm still having the same issue!
0 Likes
Suigein
2 0 0

Not sure if this will end up being the fix for everyone, but for us we realised that because we were using Shogun as a page builder, we actually needed to place the Klayvio script onto the theme.shogun.landing.liquid file, not the theme.liquid file, inside Shopify. 

Once we placed the script on the Shogun file, the events started firing for us. Leaving here incase it is helpful. 

0 Likes