Track a product by batch code

Shopify Partner
4 0 1

We have a website called www.3bee.co.nz built with Shopify and running well. On the website visitors can buy Honey. Each jar of honey has a batch number. The batch number refers to information about when the honey was harvested, the location, the date is was harvested and more. Each batch number might feature on several thousand jars of honey and there might be 30 unique batch numbers each year. 

What we want to do is add a feature on our shopify store that allows customers to enter their batch number from their phyiscal jar of honey and be shown a photo of the location, The date it was harvest, etc. 

This would be almost like a seperate database of information independant of the current products for sale on the website.

Does anyone have any ideas how I would do this? or if there is an app that can help. Im at a loss to come up with a solution. I would have thought other food related stores online may require a feature like this. 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Is there no one on this forum?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

common issue. let me know if you find solution for lot numbers. the only solution now is to integrate to an inventory management which may slow up your fulfillment process. 

0 Likes
1 0 1
4 0 0

yu referring to lot/batch tracking for food items which is an advanced feature for inventory control.  to do it right you need to use an inventory system like tradegecko. i have been trying to solve this issue for a long time. 

0 Likes