Track inventory of item, but not its variants

Botón-de-Azúcar
Tourist
4 0 2

@retunedjewelry I managed to solve the problem with Infinite options. (Again, not a fan of having to pay ). I can offer clients additional chain with an extra charge , they can pick out with type of chain and so on  without it affecting the tracking (there's only one of each)

0 Likes
TAGSAngel
Pathfinder
109 1 27

Did infinite options find a way to create template files yet? (so you can re-use the same option sets for multiple products without having to re-create them in each time)?

@Botón-de-Azúcar wrote:

@retunedjewelry I managed to solve the problem with Infinite options. (Again, not a fan of having to pay ). I can offer clients additional chain with an extra charge , they can pick out with type of chain and so on  without it affecting the tracking (there's only one of each)

0 Likes

@TAGSAngel Yes. You can set up one set of options and choose which products you'd like to apply it to.

Christina and Ian Lacey
www.retunedjewelry.com
0 Likes
TAGSAngel
Pathfinder
109 1 27
that’s awesome thank you! I might revisit using that app again in the near future ( once the shop actually gets orders and can pay for it lol )
0 Likes
luciotti
Excursionist
16 0 3

@Botón-de-AzúcarHow do you that?

I contacted Infinite Options with this very specific question and this was their answer (April 17 2020):

Thanks for writing in!

At this time, Infinite Options is not able to track inventory. Our preferred workaround is to use Shopify variants to track inventory and then use Infinite Options for the additional fields that don't need to be tracked in inventory. All inventory will need to be manually tracked from the Products tab of your Shopify admin.

I'll be sure to inform our tech team about your interest in this feature and reach back out if we have any updates.

0 Likes
calan
Tourist
8 0 1

From $30 a month for 1 feature. Hence why this becomes crazy expensive for a shop that needs a number of additional features.

It's frustrating when a platform just outsources feature development to 3rd parties. It gets to a point where they can't add the features as they engineered the problem in the first place by getting others to build them.

0 Likes
Cc19
1 0 0

@axsuul, appreciate you jumping in on this but the trunk app would double the cost of my web front store cost when added to Shopify.

All we need is a check box on variants (do not inventory). 

So an item like a shirt: 

Variant color: ORANGE | RED | BLUE

Variant size: S | M | L | XL

Variant design: DESIGN A | DESIGN B | DESIGN C [DNI]

We would only want to inventory aspects like size and color because the design would be applied without affecting stock whatsoever.  It is only important so that the order comes through so that I know the design to apply.

This is important for any seller providing any sort of customization post-sale.

Hope there is a way to help without extra $$ .

0 Likes
mmehmen
2 0 0

Over 4 years later and there is still no solution to this...

Would love to see this improvement made as I made make products to order and I have a limited amount of fabric but no restrictions as to what sizes I make. If anyone has a solution or app that will work please help me out.

0 Likes
Dollfacedarlin
1 0 2

So we are now verging on 5 years since this issue has been brought up and commented on over the years. What do we as paying customers of Shopify do in order to bring this to the Shopify company's attention as a request that seems to be very popular and long asked for. Where is the form, email, customer service where we suggest the feature we want that are readily offered with other ecommerce platforms. How do we solve the problem, Shopify? 

mirandageezy
2 0 0

I cannot figure out how to make variant qualities count in shopify and still be there and counted when I am using the infinite options choice as well.

0 Likes