Solved

Can I add 17Track to my Shopify tracking page alongside AfterShip?

danikilimited
Tourist
11 0 4

I use AfterShip for tracking which is a nice app. It tracks just every shipping method I need except Aliexpress Standard Shipping. This is becoming a problem for me as I've been utilizing Aliexpress Standard Shipping more and more. My customers are complaining that they're not able to track their orders. I want to add 17Track to my tracking page (in addition to the AfterShip tracking field). Is this possible and if so, how do I go about doing that?

I appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

UpperCommerce
Shopify Partner
26 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

You can just try another APP, Parcelpanel, it can help you track Aliexpress orders as well as other couriers.

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

davidmiller2
Visitor
1 0 0

Very Simple. I had consulted with 17track owner. There provide embed  tracking code for Website widgets from all kind of tracking like usps tracking , all express tracking etc.

You have to just paste that widget code in additional to aftership widget separately. Your problem will be resolved.

<!--Tracking number input box.-->
<input type="text" id="YQNum" maxlength="50"/>
<!--The button is used to call script method.-->
<input type="button" value="TRACK" onclick="doTrack()"/>
<!--Container to display the tracking result.-->
<div id="YQContainer"></div>

<!--Script code can be put in the bottom of the page, wait until the page is loaded then execute.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//www.17track.net/externalcall.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
function doTrack() {
    var num = document.getElementById("YQNum").value;
    if(num===""){
        alert("Enter your number."); 
        return;
    }
    YQV5.trackSingle({
        //Required, Specify the container ID of the carrier content.
        YQ_ContainerId:"YQContainer",
        //Optional, specify tracking result height, max height 800px, default is 560px.
        YQ_Height:560,
        //Optional, select carrier, default to auto identify.
        YQ_Fc:"0",
        //Optional, specify UI language, default language is automatically detected based on the browser settings.
        YQ_Lang:"en",
        //Required, specify the number needed to be tracked.
        YQ_Num:num
    });
}
</script>

Regard
David miller
Usps tracking
danikilimited
Tourist
11 0 4

Thank you! However,  I switched to Parcelpanel a while ago.

Josie-_-
Tourist
4 0 2

Parcelpanel is really good, im using it right now.

LonzoBrown
7 0 0

@danikilimited wrote:

Thank you! However,  I switched to Parcelpanel a while ago.

Yes its working

UpperCommerce
Shopify Partner
26 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

You can just try another APP, Parcelpanel, it can help you track Aliexpress orders as well as other couriers.

LigalBahiri
Excursionist
45 0 4

Hey!

it’s a great app but it doesn’t send notifications to costumers. Do you know app that do the same thing like AFtership? That works with AliExpress standard shipping?

I’m in the same problem.

by the way,

is there anybody who send to Israel products? 

Thanks!

GoYrOwnWay
Excursionist
20 0 1

Hello,

I noticed today that I can track an order using the built-in Shopify order tracking interface if I provide a carrier tracking number using the right panel but that tracking by Shopify order number in the left panel doesn't find the order.  Has anyone else noticed this?

It's going to leave a bad impression on my customers so I thought it should be fixed.

Thanks!

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Check out our order tracking app Trackr, which is simple to integrate to your store so your customers would be able to track their orders on your website. 

As Trackr collects data from 900+ different carriers, your customers will be able to get the most recent and detailed information about their order status almost wherever they are. 

Trackr has a wide list that contains all most commonly used carriers for dropshipping including Aliexpress standard shopping (Cainiao). Some other carriers are China Post, China EMS (ePacket), 4px, Yunexpress and many more.

Helpcenterapp
GoYrOwnWay
Excursionist
20 0 1

I've been using the Trackr app from the beginning.  So why when I test my order tracking am I able to track an order by the carrier tracking number but not by the Shopify order number?  It doesn't break, it just says "Order not found".  Embarrassing.

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Hi,

thank you for bringing this up, we are already looking into it. If you don’t mind, we would be happy to get in touch and go through solving this issue together.

Helpcenterapp

SharkbyteTeam
30 0 0

Hello,

I don't have personal experience using AfterShip or 17Track, but I can recommend a possible solution for your issue with Aliexpress Standard Shipping tracking.

One possible solution could be to use a multi-carrier tracking solution like Trackr. Trackr is an app that integrates with multiple carriers and tracking services, including Aliexpress Standard Shipping, and allows you to track all your shipments in one place.

I am hopeful that my response will be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Shark Byte team.

If you find it useful, please indicate by liking or marking it as a solution! Looking for powerful Shopify apps to optimize your online store? Try Trackr for easy order tracking and fulfillment management and HelpCenter for a comprehensive knowledge base and customer support solution. These apps will help you streamline your store operations and provide excellent customer service.
GoYrOwnWay
Excursionist
20 0 1
Hello,

Thanks for your recommendation to use the Trackr app to track AliExpress orders.

I’ve been using Trackr for some years now. I see integration options for Klaviyo, Omnisend and Segment but not for AliExpress.

My usage of AliExpress is mediated by the Spocket application. AliExpress product listings are added using the AliScraper Chrome extension.

While integration options are always of interest, the main problem now is that the suppliers and shippers associated with AliExpress don’t update the tracking information. The tracking link they provide remains uninformative and “dead” until the day of delivery. This problem is exacerbated by the long shipping times and by the absence of shipping update notifications. Invariably, the customers wonder where their orders are and I have to check the shipping status, obtain and forward the tracking links, explain about the lax supplier shipping discipline and generally nurse the orders along until they are delivered.

I’ve expressed this concern to Spocket and to AliExpress but have yet to see a concerted effort to improve the tracking process at AliExpress, which remains far below the industry standard. Any improvement in this area should realize a doubling or trebling of their order volume as the improvement in customer experience ripples its way through the marketplace over time. They should take a wider and longer view of their growth prospects.

David