Trade Show Best Practices

esoletski
1 0 0

Hi all. My company started participating in beauty industry trade shows this past year, and we have really been struggling with how to best manage inventory and pricing between the show offerings and our warehouse/online store. 

I understand that using the Locations function will help us better track inventory between the two locations.  However, we want to offer better prices at trade shows that is specific to trade show attendees - i.e., not available to people purchasing online while the show is taking place.  The only way I have seen to do this is to apply a discount code at the POS during checkout.  This is limiting, however, because it means we must allow the same percent discount across the board (for some products we would really like to offer larger discounts) and it is easy to forget to apply.

At some of the shows, I noticed some vendors who I know host their online stores on Shopify taking payments at the show via Square.  Has anyone done this? How do you manage it logistically to ensure inventory is tracked correctly?

Alternatively, does anyone have other workarounds or suggestions on how to manage all of this?  Appreciate any insight!

0 Likes
robertaddington
1 0 0

Has it been successful?

0 Likes