Tradeshow 20percent discount on items on POS only

3 0 0

Hello!

I want to set up products on our POS so they sell a category at 20% off.  While still maintaining full price on our website.

ie.  We sell leggings and other products but at trade shows all leggings sell for $100 instead of $120.

We set up different products with one being online, the other being POS... but this isn't working for inventory.  If inventory is set for the item online, the POS sale is not subtracting it from the online inventory.  

I need the inventory online and the POS device to sync.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Angie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
513 32 71

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care team.

Please excuse me if this is not what you're referring to, but with the POS system, you or an employee would be in charge of the register so for that reason you could just add a discount on yourself. Could you not? Are you having trouble with that feature? 

If you have a discount code that you want to use you can add that directly to the POS checkout, or you can manually add a discount yourself either by price or percentage. 

Screenshot_20191022_175151.jpg

If you want to make a discount code then you can go to your Store Admin and click on Discounts > Create Discount and click on Discount Codes (don't create an automatic discount as that isn't applicable here). From there you can make a code that your customers won't know and just be sure to not tell your customers so they don't know that is possible for them. Something like "EXPO19" would work. Then when you're at the show you can just add the code to the sales page to apply the discount.

Can you try those steps to see how it works for you? Again, if I'm misunderstanding you please let me know.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Dallas,

Thanks for your reply.  I actually want more than a code.  I want a whole slew of different prices.

Ie.  Some leggings are $120, some are $60.  T shirts are on sale, some vests are priced differently.... Many factors.   So my goal was to be able to have an app or an opportunity to mark a different price for where each item was sold.  A POS price, an online price... even a wholesale price.  It would be great. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

and it gets going super fast and crazy.... like, two registers and lines.  So to put in a code for each item is not the most efficient way.

0 Likes