Traffic but no sales

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello fellow entreprenuers! I just recently opened a shopify shop. I have been marketing through facebook and instragram and also google ads(not so keen on this tho). At the moment my traffic is 50-60 visits per day. Still no sales. I would like honest criticism on what i have done wrong with my store. My SEO is currently at 74% which i understand is really good. So i dont know where am going wrong! The store is 3 months old. www.clothpincollection.com.co

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 80

Hey, there!

Savannah here from the Shopify Social Team. :) 

It sounds like you're off to a great start when it comes to driving traffic to your shop. That's awesome! There are just a few things that I think you could do to improve the UX of your site:

You have a whole bunch of apps going on, and I think it's causing a lot of clutter and confusion on the site. I would recommend picking a few that are important, and sticking with those. If you take a look at the bottom of your site, you'll be able to see that there are lots of widgets competing for attention, and some even have the same function. Take a look here

On that same note, there is an app above without an image added and it makes the header of the site look somewhat broken. My advice would be to remove the app that adds that functionality, because it also blocks the use of your menu like this

I'm not exactly the average buyer, but to me, it was easy to see that items are being dropshipped. Take this title, for example. I think that personalizing the titles and descriptions of your products would lend a sense of legitimacy to the site. 

Overall, I think the design of the site is very inviting. Let me know if you have any  further questions! I'm happy to lend a hand. :) 

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
130 0 12

Here is some of my comment, hope it helps you :)

1. Distracting elements

When visiting your site, I see that a lot of pop-ups that distract me:

The first banner should drive users to focus on what you are selling. Just reduce these distracting elements and let hero banner do his job

2. Page Loading Speed

I have check Google Speed insight and see that your site need to improve a lot to increase loading speed. Online shoppers are impatient creatures, they cannot wait for like 3 seconds and bounce immediately after your page finish loading

Try to reduce elements and optimize your image. I usually use tinypng.com to do so

3. Converting elements in front page

I see only a few Converting elements in the front page, you have a lot of promotion/discountthat is great. But you also need Call to action button (It should be "view detail" instead of "add to cart" on the homepage), Countdown clock, Testimonial (review of your customers), product quick preview (essential for accessory and fashion).

Normally, Shopify themes do not support these elements, you can add them using Shopify page builders such as PageFly, Zipify. I recommend you use PageFly page builder, this one can solve Page loading speed also, it automatically optimizes images when uploaded.

4. Product name

You should set a really long name for the product like that, it looks like a blog name

It's better you set a short name, then small description for it. You can also build a more beautiful product page with the Page builder I mention

5. Conversion tracking

You have Google Analytics installed on your site, that's great! Follow Shopify Conversion Tracking guide to step by step optimize your landing page

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey Savannah, 

Thank you so much for your observations i will work on your suggestion.. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

I have the same problem. We get about 50 to 70 visitors a day but absolutely 0 sales.

website is 

https://100-great-ideas.myshopify.com/

What could i do to improve conversion?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 80

Hey, Nick!

Overall, your site is looking very clean. That said, there is no clearly defined niche for the shop, and that can really take away your store's sense of legitimacy. 

I think your store's thing might be gadgets or great inventions or maybe products that help you "life hack." Is that right? If so, I would really recommend writing a line or two on the home page to describe your brand. 

After you've done that, I would create separate collections for your items to separate them into clear categories. If you were going with the Life Hacks theme, that could mean "Work Hacks,"  "Kitchen Hacks," "Tech Hacks" etc. 

Everything on the site is very visually appealing, I think that you just need a bit more information and direction in order to connect with your target audience better. :)

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
186 0 31

I think you either need to rethink the color of the font on your home page or the image or the opacity because at most of the places some or the other part of the text is clashing with the image. There is one particular instance where the cart icon isn't visible. In this one, you can't make out where the men's section is: 

Then there is a liquid error- could not find assets right there on your home page. 

There are too many sections on your home page. You should simplify this. Make 'Insta-Shop' a separate clickable secton. On your home page, you should just have a stunning image, best-sellers and a path for different sections. You should lead your potential buyers to products as quickly as possible. There should be no distracting elements. 

If you want pop-ups, make sure that they don't cover each other. 'Message us' hides 'Refer friends and earns rewards'. Then there is a bottom bar saying that you use cookies. Essentially, it's all very cluttered. If you feel that it's important to keep all the pop-ups change the placement. If you feel, you can do away with some of the pop-ups, I'd suggest let go of the non-important ones. 

There is little consistency in the products photos. Photos are of different sizes and backgrounds. Also, the the font of the title is too big as compared to the price. Overall, it doesn't look very aesthetically appealing. 

For some of your products, you have a detailed descriptions, while for others, you've just put the basics. Also, your detailed descrption runs in to a long paragraph and is tough to skim through. An online buyer wants all the information, but doesn't want to spend a lot of time looking for it. So your descriptions need to give her all the basic specs of the product and your USP (how your product is better) in an easy to read form. Bullet points, font, color of the font, all help in this. I personally feel the pink background isn't helping. A plain white background will give a really clean feel to your shop. 

Take a look at this article for tips on writing a product description: Product Descriptions that Sell 

Check out how the top stores have designed their shop: Top 90 Shopify stores 

I agree with Ann, the title should be shorter. Right now it feels that you've got a whole lot of keywords together, mainly for SEO, which is fair. But a good title gives information about the product and that would by default have the most important keyword. And then the keywords and the details will be there in the product description. The product description article has tips on writing titles as well. 

Next is the 'About Us'. Unless you're an established seller, it's imperative that you write a personal and a detailed About Us. It doesn't necessarily have to give personal details, but remember, the more genuine your About Us, the more your customers will connect with you. Every seller will write that their products are of hight quality. But what makes your story different. How did you start and why did you start. That's what establishes the connection. If you have a team, introduce them. Check out this article for tips: Tips for a Brilliant About Us page 

You mentioned that you're using Facebook and Instagram for your marketing. I had a look at your Instagram account. Lovely photos! However, you're repeating hashtags in your posts. Of late, Instagram has become pretty strict about repeating hashtag (shadowban). Ideally, you should be mixing up your hashtags and using a combination of niche and high volume hashtags, if you want your posts to show up for a particular hashtag. You also need to be consistent with your Instagram posts. There are days when you send out about 9-10 posts/day and not post anything for a week and then do the same. That won't work well. So you need to send out about 1 post a day or on alternate days. Consistency in posts along with relevant hashtags and great content will help you not only get followers, but also increase conversions through Instagram. 

Here's an article that explains what Shadowban is: Instagram's Shadowban and what you need to do about it

For scheduling your posts on Instagram and getting the right hashtags, use OrangeTwig. With OrangeTwig's Hashtag Research tool, you'll get trending and related hashtags. You can create multiple lists of high-volume and niche hashtags. It'll do wonders for increasing your likes and followers. And this is not spamy. 

You can get started with the hashtag research tool for FREE. 

If you want to drive sales from Instaram, you need to make your posts clickable. Right now, you're taking all your visitors to the home page. And on landing on the home page, they get a message saying that they need to log in to browse top picks. That seems like a break in the shopping experience. Use OrangeTwig's clickable link to take your buyers directly to the product in the post. This will lead to immediate gratificaton and hopefully improved sales. Here's how you can make your posts clickable: Clickable Posts 

If you'd like to give these tools a try, you can get started for FREE here: OrangeTwig 

I hope this helps. 

- Karan 

You can ask your specific questions in the Seller Success Facebook group 

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thank you so much Karan for your observations i will work on them, am currently trying out OrangeTwig with facebook ads and so far i love it,i will give instgram a try.

0 Likes