Traffic but no sales

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 6

Hello, I am doing a business with my family and we recently opened up shop.

We have been using facebook ads to bring traffic. most of the ads have a pretty average ctr but we have had no sales so far. 

Is there something wrong with the store or maybe is there something wrong with the ads?

Also, how many views on average does it take to make a first sale? 

https://wholesomesoaps.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ccjoejoe1,

I suggest to learn the market as it becomes easier for you to identify the target customers and then draft an effective marketing strategy which may help position your business among the target audience.

Facebook is a very visual platform and you need to make sure that your ads are good at catching the eyes of your custom audience. You can tell that your ad creative is performing poorly if your ad has a low CTR. The average CTR on Facebook is 0.9%. 

Facebook ads can be a great way to increase traffic numbers for your website. However, if you have yet to see an adequate return on investment, it may just be that you’re making some common mistakes leading up to getting your custom audience to your landing page.

I just reviewed your store. I think you should do some improvements on your store also.

Logo Design -  Logo makes a strong first Impression. So for Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business.

Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Create good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.

Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Homepage: Homepage could be better and more organized. For engaging new customers you need to work on your homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

Also, change the favicon, add your brand logo there. 

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 22%. . Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

download (1).png

Multiple Payment Options: Make it easy for your customers to pay. Provide as many payment options as possible.  

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
105 11 37

Hey @ccjoejoe1 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land the image is not that high quality. That and the text below feel somehow disconnected. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you. On the same line, you could focus on the premium, all-natural and it’s benefits for the skin. For example, if as a user, I don’t know what SLS is (which I didn’t), the line is pointless.
  2. Take the “we believe in fair shipping” part and make it into a separate shipping page. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users
  3. There are a few inconsistencies. For eg on the benefits of goat milk soap page.
  4. Benefits_of_Goat_s_Milk_Soap_WholesomeSoap.png
  5. Also, the link for “manage your subscription” is broken. 
  6. One thing, once I click the “shop” page. It might just be me, I kind of felt that all the soaps looked similar except for their color. Further, there’s just that once photo, both in the “all products” page, and on the individual soap pages. I think if you add the soap photos with the packaging also, it might give them a more professional look. 
  7. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

What kind of targeting are you using on FB? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It has to be either the quality of traffic or the quality of your website experience. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey ccjoejoe1,

Running Facebook ads is a really good process of marketing your store and bringing new customers to your website. But that's half a process in generating the sales.

Usually many visitors come on your website which you can see on your campaign to know the numbers, but usually due to the non-availabilty of their desired products they tend to leave the store without leaving any imprint of their contact details.

Thus it really much required to capture leads details which can be used in retargeting and increasing the chances of making sales.

In my opinion, while designing the website for a better user experience you can use a conversational landing page for customers who click on your Facebook ads thus leading to your website with an automated agent capturing the lead details and knowing their exact product requirement.

You can also perform product life cycle offers to your existing customers based on the data after how many days does your customer gets back to your store in order to make a re-purchase of soaps again. This kind of process can be automated with scheduled emails or messages.

Thus I hope this will help you in improving your sales. Also you can go through my blog where I have discussed about the solutions regarding improving sales with better traffic

0 Likes