Tranfer Shop from One Shopify Account to Another Shopify Account

firazm
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I've created my shop and and unfortunately want to change my shop URL, but understand this is not possible. I'd like to create a new account (with the URL I want) and then transfer my existing shop over there. 

I'm wondering if my themes, data, and all other information/settings will also get transferred if I used the domain transfer feature.

I see a lot of people talking about shifting domains but nothing on the data and settings. Any help appreciated!

Reply 1 (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @firazm!

Don here from Shopify.

If you're looking to move data from one Shopify store to another, check out our guide here on backups and duplication.

As you've stated here, it is not possible to change the 'myshopify.com' URL for a store once it has been created, but you can simply add a custom domain to your store instead so that customers would only see this custom URL online when browsing your store.

Would you be interested instead in adding a domain to your current store, rather than creating a new one entirely?

Feel free to share more info on why you wanted to have a different 'myshopify.com' URL for your store so we can see if there's any other info we can share.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog