Transaction Credits on Refunds Fees - After March 1, 2020, Shopify will no longer return this fee?!

Katchen_Gerig
Tourist
5 0 1
Wix also uses Stripe on the back end and this is a fee imposed by Stripe.
0 Likes
bmarkoe
Tourist
3 0 3

I think I posted earlier in this game when I was researching website options, but I believe SQUARE does refund %fee but not the .30. I've switch to square from PAYPAL, for the same reason, on my new site. Obviously didn't go with shopify, and of course SQUARE can change at anytime as well.  I did start a 3% restocking fee on my returns, you can imagine THAT went over well. I think we have a potential class action here, and YES complain to your state and the FCC. Outrageous. 

ChaCustoms
Tourist
4 0 3

I agree this is 100% not fair. What is stopping Shopify from employing a bunch of people to make fraudulent charges to up our fees. Not that they would do that but that possibility makes this very unfair. Ive had more fraud orders than normal orders . I am new . Hopefully they change this 

FatRich
1 0 2

Filed a complaint with the FTC. Will send this dude tobi an email as well. This is BS. 

They're meant to help small business get ahead but they dig a deeper hole for us instead.

poem
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you for let me know.

it's very interesting.

ร้านค้าคริปโต

ร้านค้า บิทคอยน์ คริปโต
https://classemap.com
0 Likes
lintriago
Excursionist
14 0 4

What a load of crap.  Give them a break?  I guess if you sell $5 items and get few refunds, it's not biggie about but if your average order is $5k and people cancel, it is a pretty substantial loss.  Game changer for me.  Shopify already has a slew of shortcoming from an SEO standpoint.  What ultimately drove me to Shopify was the low cost.  I just as soon switch platforms to a provider that does not fleece their customers.  I am pretty sure Big Commerce doesn't do this... 

Devinir
6 0 0
Your reply was a load of crap that I don’t even care about. Take your two cents to hell
0 Likes
lintriago
Excursionist
14 0 4

LOL, I guess you told me....  Stick with Shopify if paying more than you have to is how you prefer to do business.... 

0 Likes
quinnythepoo
1 0 4

I sold an item for $11,000 on my shopify account.  Then shopify suggested the sale was probably fraudulent, and if I chose to go through with the sale,

they would hold my funds for 120 days.  I get that, we have to be cautious.  I immediately cancelled the transaction and refunded the payment.

Then, I was charged $319 for the transaction fees (but there was no transaction after I cancelled it).

As far as I'm concerned, this is borderline criminal.  I can't imagine how this is acceptable.  I have other items even more expensive than that one.

I'm very seriously considering leaving as this is an unacceptable policy.

dpd1
Explorer
56 0 31
Sounds like you are doing big one-off sales of unique items, so in your case, I would definitely turn off the auto capture pref. This way you would have to manually go in and choose to capture the payment at the last minute before shipping on each sale. When you do that, you shouldn’t be charged the fee if you cancel before it has been captured. Technically you have not received the money before capture. The sad truth is, this garbage policy will probably become standard in the industry, so you’ll get it most places. If you followed this election, the courts and regulators clearly don’t give a crap about average people and will just ignore us.

0 Likes