Transfer domain name to Shopify from WIX

Solved
curtibee
1 0 0

Hi Julie, 

I too, and moving from Wix to Shopify. I'm ready to swap over the domain from Wix to Shopify and I was hoping fo more detailed instructions on how to do it. 

curtibee_0-1620933478317.png

Essentially I would like to know what to do once I get here. I get a bit lost. I've erased values and other identifiers for safety ( I don't even know if that matters tbh). Please help!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Hi, @curtibee!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your screenshot. Are you trying to connect your domain with Shopify and continue managing it in Wix, or are you wanting to transfer it to Shopify and manage it through Shopify? 

As mentioned above, you can transfer your domain to Shopify if it was purchased over 60 days ago. If it was purchased within 60 days, then you will need to connect it by editing your DNS settings. Some instructions and help documentation on both methods were previously shared in this thread; have you had a chance to review any of that? If so, it would be great if you can let me know which step you are getting stuck on. 

Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like you want to connect your domain to Shopify. In this case, you'll need to review our instructions here. In that help doc, you'll also notice a section on What to tell your domain provider. This section includes the correct CNAME and A Record you will need to add to your DNS settings. Feel free to share that with Wix's support team if you need assistance. Since your DNS settings are currently managed through Wix, they'll be the best to assist. 

That being said, transferring your domain to Shopify is recommended if it was purchased over 60 days ago. This means that you won't need to manage your domain through Wix and you'll instead be managing it through a single platform. The transfer process is also much easier than connecting your domain, since you don't need to edit your DNS settings. Instructions on how to transfer your domain from Wix to Shopify can be found here

I hope this helps, but if you are still running into issues, please let me know if you are trying to connect or transfer your domain and the steps you've attempted so far. 

Looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sngmbunny
1 0 0

I’m having the same problem and i switched mine manually. It’s been almost a week and still says “error” on a wix page. I only had mine for a day when i tried to switch to Shopify.

0 Likes