Transferred Domain Not Connected

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I recently just transferred my domain over from Bluehost (fastdomains.com) and am having issues with getting it connected.  When I attempt to connect, I get an error saying my DNA settings are not set up properly (CNAME & A Record). Current Value shows empty. I looked through the help and support sections stating that I can change/edit my DNS settings under Online Store / Domain but I do not see an option for me to manage it like the step by step guide says. How do I go about correcting the DNS settings for my transferred domain? Also having issues with getting my domain emails set up through G Suite but I'm guessing that's related to my domain not connected. With emails, I need to add MX records or something and don't have that option to right now either. Any help is much appreciated. 

Domain: jdmotoring.com

Thank you 

Johnny 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
57 3 10

Set the A records and MX settings correctly. To DIY; find out where your DNS settings are managed, login to there and update them. This might be in a web-hosting/domain control panel, or if the domain is registered via Shopify then through Shopify. Not always the same process.

Might be easier said than done if you're not familiar. But you can always fall back to Shopify or your domain registrar for some tech support here, though it's often the bare miniumum they won't spoon feed or do it for you.

Otherwise pay a good IT tech company a to do it for you.

If my comment helped you, feel free to help me: sharesies promo, shopify referral, g suite referral
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for your assistance. The web domain part is the issue since I transferred my domain into Shopify. I don’t see any options in Shopify itself to let me change it like shown in the support links. Couple of days ago it showed tucows as the domain provider but that disappeared. I didn’t have any login to work with tucows either. First time I did a domain transfer and now it seems like my domain name is stuck in limbo somewhere. Without being able to change my DNS first, it seems that I can’t change or add MX records to get my gmail going.

Thanks for your assistance again
0 Likes