Transferring website from WIX to shopify

Tourist
10 0 1

Hi We currently have one website running on shopify now we want to change our another webite from WIX to Shopify.

We are just concern if we have to build that website again as we not sure that template will be compatible with all shopify.

Also we are concern we will loose all images stock details product description hence please help asap/

Regards

Joe

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 0 4

Hi Joe,

Annette here from Shopify support. :)

You could use the Shopify Buy Button channel on your Wix website. The buy button channel costs just $9 per month and gives eCommerce capabilities straight to your Wix website. 

You can read more about the Buy Button here. By using this, you will be able to keep all the functionality of your Wix website and the images, products, etc intact.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any further questions. :)

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Annette,

Thanks for your reply. The issue we facing is that SKU code in WIX doesnt support special charaters which is not helping us to sycronize our inventory with other external websites we are working with for example we are able to link our shopify account (www.advocadoplus.com.au) with the external website (www.theiconic.com.au) so that whatever stop we update on shopify automatically get sycronize with theiconic.( as we have kept the SKU name same on both website). However same is not happening on wix due to which we dont want to work with wix anymore and want to transfer everything on shopify. As far as we understand from buy button we still be using wix. however we are not interested in using wix anymore. Hence please guide accordingly.

Regards

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I would like to do the same thing. I have a website with Wix and I want to transfer data, themes and etc.,

I do not want to deal with Wix anymore. So Is it doable to transfer my website to Shopify or not?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi! I would like to give up WIX and move everything to Shopify. The shop,now created on shopify platform is ready,but i am not sure how i should proceed further.

Firstly,the domain,bought from WIX can be transfered to Shopify? Secondly, how long does it takes? will the shop be active/live during this transfer?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi guys, migration from Wix to Shopify is not a big issue if you choose appropriate service (I’d suggest smth like this one https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/supported-carts/wix). They offer automatic migration of all the items that you choose to transfer.

What was crucial for me to pick this company is that they claim that current store performance will not be affected. And it is so. The migration was smooth, there was a bar showing what items are migrating. The really great thing was that my old store was not disabled and I was selling products as usual. Of course, you can look up for some other services. That is just my suggestion. Hope, you find my advice useful!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Was this question ever solved? i would like to do the same.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ahmed,

You can use Cart2Cart automated migration service to move your data sweeftly and securely. Also, you can take advantage of the Demo Migration and explore the SaaS in action. In case you want to find out more information on how to transfer from Wix to Shopify, check out the useful insights here.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Anca,
The migration from Wix to Shopify can be performed easily and automatically with the help of Cart2Cart. An automated tool offers you the beneficial features like security compliance, free Demo Migration, 24/7 support, as well as total uptime of your current online store. Ge more info here.  

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ahmed,

You can use Cart2Cart automated migration service to move your data swiftly and securely. Also, you can take advantage of the Free Demo Migration and explore the SaaS in action. In case you want to find out more information on how to transfer from Wix to Shopify, check out the useful insights here.

0 Likes