Translations

Solved
Mywellnest
Tourist
6 0 1

Can somebody tell me if with the normal shopify plan (79usd) i am realy limited to have, apart from english, only 2 extra languages when I will work with any 3rd party translation app?  I realy need 6 langauges, but just starting up and are not going to pay the most expensive shopify package now.

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Mywellnest,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

While our price plans offer various features as mentioned in this guide; multiple website languages is not a feature that's affected by the plan you choose. So for example, it does not matter what plan you have chosen as you can only have 1 language active on your store. With that in mind and because you are just starting off with Shopify, I would recommend choosing the Basic $29 plan to get started. You can always upgrade the plan later if you require more features as mentioned above. 

We have a great step-by-step tutorial here in regards to how you can choose a primary language for the store and how to edit your theme's language if you would like to take a look. If you would like to apply more than 1 language to your website/use multiple languages, then you will need to use a language app from our app store. Language Translated (here) or ConveyThis (here) for example might suit what you're looking for. 

How are you finding Shopify so far? Are you nearly ready to launch the store? 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kjankko
Pathfinder
149 3 18

Hi,

I have a question regarding translation App's. Does the translator App's have the option to translate also product tags? I have tag filtering on the collection page (Venue -theme), but I cannot find the tags in the Translator App?

Hi @Kjankko 

At this time, tags such as product tags, article tags, and blog tags can't be translated according to Shopify possibilities. However, with LangShop translator app you may achieve this. Steps are simple, you have 14 days of free use and 24/7 team ready to help. 

0 Likes
Kjankko
Pathfinder
149 3 18

Hi,

Thank you.

It has a product tag translator, but I cannot find a way to translate the tags which are on the collection page?

0 Likes
bkallen
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Ted,

I'm using a custom theme and when I go to save en.default.json, I get an error that there are too many translation keys. Do you know why I'm getting this cap? The spec from Shopify tech support phone line says that there is an unlimited number of translations.

Are more translation lines allowed by theme upgrade? It seems to reject anything over 3000.

0 Likes