Trouble with Domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a closed account with Shopify.  I have received an email saying that the domain is coming up for renewal.  Is there anyway to access my old store to make sure it is not setup for renewal.  If it is how can I turn the renewal off if I have closed the store?  Or if the store is closed does that mean the renewal is automatically turned off.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 20 47

Hi, @Compete!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about your domain.

If you've received an email confirming your domain is up for renewal, that will still go ahead - even if the store is closed. The reason for this is some people who close their Shopify store use the domain on another platform. In order to stop the domain renewing, we'll need to manually stop it.

To do this, I've sent you an email to the email address registered for the Shopify Community. Please respond to that email when you can answering the questions I've asked in that email. Once I've got everything I need, I'll be able to sort out the cancellation of the domain for you.

I'd love to learn a bit more about why you're closing your store. Did you decide to switch platforms or are you taking a break? If there's anything at all that Shopify can do to help you out, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes