Trying to Email Copy of Receipt from Buy Button

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello all, 

Total newbie here and can't seem to find the answer to my issue. 

I am only using a Buy Button on my website.  I have a new customer that made a purchase via my website and forgot to add an email in the form.  She received a receipt as a text message.  She is now emailing me to email her a copy of her receipt.  I cannot figure out how to do that.  

Any help?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Jim!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

It's not possible to resend an order confirmation to an email address once it has been generated as an SMS. This is because the order would have created a different format of order confirmation in this case. That being said there are a few things we can do!

The first option would be to use the free Order Printer app to download a copy of the order receipt. You can then email that directly to your customer as an attachment. You can also print the order in this spot. However this option will include some back-end information that you would want to block out if sending to your customer.

Alternatively, you could create a draft order for this customer and mark it as paid manually. If you include the customer's email address they will be sent a copy of the order notification as though they had placed the order themselves. Once they've received that, you can mark the order as cancelled so that it doesn't reflect in your sales. Since you will be manually marking this one as paid, you won't need to worry about any money being sent back to the customer when you click "refund".

Finally, I'm not sure if this would be helpful for your business, but if your customers will be requiring an emailed receipt for the most part, you can set your checkout to require an email address instead of accepting both email and phone numbers as a primary method of contact.

You can do this under Settings>Checkout:
02-23-5hfti-46m8e

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Wow, thank you! This is everything I needed and MORE!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

You're welcome! I'm happy to have helped.

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes