Trying to close a store while Paused

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi all,

My shopify store is paused at the moment, but I want to close it before the the three months (free pause period)

I understand for me to close the store I need to reactivate my account > get charged > manually close from admin > apply for refund. 

However I saw a thread with a workaround. I could not reply to it as it was locked. 

any advice is greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hey, @subs.

You’re right! There are two ways to go about closing a store that’s on the full Pause plan. I actually just explained them the other day in this reply to a Community forum post.

Give it a read, and let me know which way you’d like to proceed. I’m happy to facilitate it for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Helen,

I would like to opt for the second option with assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

No problem, @subs!  I'm happy to help you out with this.

I am sending you an email to authenticate your account, as well as to gather the details needed in order to escalate your request to the Accounts department. Please respond when you get a chance, and we’ll proceed.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to assist me also in closing my store please, I will also make use of the option of escalating this to the accounts department to close it as I do not want to pay for a subscription just to close my store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You should directly connect to the community of shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

What?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

@Helen Hello, can you please assist me also to close my store, it is currently paused and I do not want to subscribe to a plan just to close the account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Certainly, @tails-and-ears! Is there any particular reason that you are not wanting to re-open your store to continue with your online business? 

If you were struggling with aspects of it, I’m happy to help guide you and provide the resources you need. For example, did you know that Shopify Compass is full of free courses, workshops and tutorials, all designed to assist you with your ecommerce journey?

I’m sending you an email, please keep an eye out for it. I’m happy to further discuss building your business there, or we can just proceed with the steps to close your account too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for the help in closing the store, all sorted now.

0 Likes