Trying to reopen closed store

2 0 2

Hey shopify,

How are you doing? I hope everyone is doing well. My name is Hadgerson Marcellus. I recently started an online using your site. I felt like i was doing well as I was setting up my store, but i ran into a trouble such as the checkout page and express check. the problem was that it wanted me to pick a plan and add a credit card for payment, however i don't a credit card only a debit. At that same time I noticed a button that said close store, when I saw this I was thing this was a way to close the store from the public so i can work on it. since i didn't know for sure if that's what it was I decided to test it out, when I did it was then that I found out that no longer had access to the store and I tried to log-in over and over again but it kept saying the store was unavailable. My question for you if there's a way for me to re-open the store because closing it wasn't intentional and I really want to finish setting up the store so I can start selling things. Please let me know what it is that I can do.

Best,

Hadgerson Marcellus

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

Hi, @hadge_marcellus,

Hank here from Shopify!

You are correct in saying that the checkout and express checkout options were not there, as when a store is on a trial or dormant plan, the checkout is disabled.

But we certainly understand that not everyone has access to a credit card, and for that reason you may use PayPal to pay for your Shopify plan!

While this may assist you in the long term, let's take a look at the more immediate priority, getting your store back for you to work on! 

Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 2

Hi @Hank,

After sending that message I went back and tried again then I believe I found a way to get back into the account using a different email address. I was able to successfully get back into my store, however I had to pick a plan but credit card wasn't required. 

I would like to thank you for being able to try and help me even though I had sent the message at almost 2 AM. I greatly appreciate the effort.

Best,

Hadgerson Marcellus

1 0 0

how to reopen store a

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

I'm not sure what you mean by that, @majidmagsi.

Can you tell me a bit more, and I will try to assist you further?

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes