Trying to transfer inventory

Solved
media_by_bec
Excursionist
28 1 7

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer an inventory database from Square to Shopify is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hi, @media_by_bec!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Firstly, I'd like to welcome you to our platform. Happy to have you with us!

There are a couple of ways to help you solve the inventory transfer for this. Do you have an approximate number of products that you will need to transfer inventory for?

I would recommend one of the two methods below to help get that done.

Option 1: Migration with CSV

The steps in our Squarespace to Shopify migration guide recommend the use of CSVs to transfer the data over.

There's also a great help guide from Squarespace on how to export the data for your inventory as well.

Using CSVs is one of the quickest ways to get that done, but if you have a very large number of SKUs to manage the transfer for, you can opt for the second method below.

Option 2: Using a partner app

If you're inclined you can also opt to use one of our highly reviewed partner apps.

Cart2Cart might be ideal if you've got a bit of a larger number of SKUs. There are many merchants that have used this app to migrate over to Shopify from various platforms. It also indicates that it works with migrations from Squarespace as well.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
media_by_bec
Excursionist
28 1 7

Thanks, Lilith.

I've had a look as using CSV however I cant seem to get it to import variants, also I'm coming from Square is just a point of sale database not Squarespace sorry.

It is a large database (over 2,700 lines when exported as a CSV), maybe using an app/third party would be better.

Also is there any chance that when I do do the import of making them not go to the online store straight away as images and titles will need to be updated and I already have some of the products on the store that I have manually transferred?

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you so much for clarifying! I apologize I must have missed that detail about Square.

You can still use the CSV method on this. If you haven't created any products in the admin of your account yet, you can use this specific CSV template here to add in your products and your variants at the same time. It will also allow you to set up your inventory quantities on that same sheet as well. To make sure your variants are uploading correctly, we've also got a couple of steps outlined in this small tutorial here.

On the other hand, if you have already created products in your admin you'll want to follow the following steps right here to make sure that the right inventory quantities are being updated for all of your existing variants in the admin.

Of course, there are also some apps that can help sync up your inventory with Square as well. Here are a few that might help if you decide to opt on syncing versus transferring inventory quantities. These come recommended often in various forums regarding inventory sync between Square and Shopify.

Have you had a chance to try these methods before?

0 Likes

Greetings!
It has been mentioned already to give a try to Cart2Cart automated migration service.

We'll be glad to help you during all your Squarespace to Shopify migration path and perform your specific store data transferring not only with no data loss but also with no business interruption and end-user confusion.

Feel free to run Demo migration (at no cost at all) to see how the service works in progress and decide whether to perform the switch or not.

Contact us and we'll do our best to bring you the highest service level we can.

Regards,

Cart2Cart Team

Join us on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cart2Cart
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cart2CartBlog
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cart2cart/
0 Likes
MatthewNguyen
Excursionist
18 2 4

Hi there!

First of all you have to decide in what way you’ll be launching the data migration. Actually, there are a few of them: you can move data manually, buy one of numerous modules, hire a developer or use an automated migration service. The last one is the most suitable.

Recently I’ve used LitExtension to migrate my store entities from Squarespace to Shopify. Honestly speaking, I did have a lot of fears and concerns, but after the process had ended, I was completely pleased. The result was excellent! There are only a few simple steps before you get a brand new e-store. As I remember, it looks like this: first of all, you have to register the account or log in via Google or Facebook account. Then you provide shopping cart details. This includes, choosing the appropriate shopping carts and enter stores URLs. After that you choose data you want to transfer and start free Demomigration. The next step after this - Full migration.

In case you have any questions or need support or assistance, they have a wonderful team for it.

0 Likes
SparkleStar
1 0 0

I have the same question about transferring products and inventory (including product photos) from Square to Shopify, as we set up a new store with Shopify.  We will then close the Square site.  Would Cart2Cart work this?  

Note: this is Square, and not SquareSpace.

0 Likes

Hello

thanks for considering the Cart2Cart service for Square to Shopify migration. We'll be glad to help you during your migration path and perform your products and inventory transfer not only with no data loss but also with no business interruption and end-user confusion. Please, contact our experts and get all your migration-related questions answered.

Join us on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cart2Cart
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cart2CartBlog
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cart2cart/
0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

@SparkleStar this is an excellent question. Square would be a bit different for migration. Right now the most used method is the Zapier/Shopify combo that helps your sync things over, but it may not do everything you need for migration. Depending on how much data you need to transfer, the CSV format in the solution would work well, however, keep in mind that you must use the templates linked in that solution above. This would be one of the simplest DIY methods to transfer data over. At the present moment, there aren't apps that specifically focus on Square, but many of our partners can help you get the migration done if you prefer to have someone else complete this for you. I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

0 Likes