Trying to use Shopify Store with Externally Hosted Wordpress Blog - and failing for days!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a shopify store

biggerdreamz.me

I have an external wordpress blog hosted by 1&1 Internet (Not by wordpress.com):

blog.sylvianlorber.com

I trying to achieve the following:

blog.biggerdreamz.me >> takes the user to >> blog.sylvianlorber.com

If it could still show blog.biggerdreamz.me that would be a plus but at least re-direct it.

I tried many things but primarily:

Adding a CNAME in the OpenSRS console like this: 

Subdomain: blog.biggerdreamz.me  -> Hostname: blog.sylvianlorber.com

however it comes up as "File Not Found" or "404 Error nginx". Apparently it's being directed to the correct server but it's not finding the wordpress app on the server and I'm not sure at all how to fix this.

I did contact support from both Shopify and 1&1 Internet and they both were not able to help me solve the issue or say it can't be done. Shopify's support indicated that I just may not be hitting the right target address since most hosting solutions are shared.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Additional notes:

I tried unchecking the "redirect all traffic to the primiary domain" on the shopify domain setting page and that didn't help.

Also tried using the ANAME with the server IP and that obviously failed too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 0 2

Hello Jon,

You might be interested in an alternate solution (the demo below also uses a blog hosted at 1&1 )

Please check out my StoryBook ‑ WP Blog Connector app here: https://apps.shopify.com/storybook-wp-blog-connector

The app acts as a proxy, it connects your WordPress blog with your Shopify store. All WordPress posts/categories/tags and such are instantly available within your store.

You will find most of the WordPress features available, more we implement server-side caching under the hood, there is a good chance that your Shopify blog is way faster than your original WordPress blog.

Best,
Ionel

0 Likes