Tutorial: How to add view all products button to Minimal Theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

Tried it and I'm having the same problem as Cyrus.

Is there a fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I tried it and I'm having the same problem as Cyrus.

Is there a fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hey Guys,

I found the fix for the button not showing.

Instead of pasting the code from Section 2 between lines 54 and 55, You want to paste it as below:

Find this code around line 57:

{% endfor %}
</div>

</div>

Now you want to paste the code from section 2 between the two </div> lines.

It should now look like this;

{% endfor %}
</div>
{% if section.settings.show_view_all_button %}
<div class="text-center">
<a href="/collections/{{ section.settings.featured_collection }}" class="btn">View All</a>
</div>
{% endif %}
</div>

That worked for me. Hope that helps!

Highlighted
1 0 0
Was super excited to find this tutorial. This is my first website and I know nothing about coding. I read through your step by step and read everyone else’s comments. However, I think I’m getting caught up on step 3. When I go to save, I get an “Error: invalid JSON in tag ‘schema’” the coding for step 3 looks a little different on my screen than the step by step suggests it should. Any immediate suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

TJPS2137, did you find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. On Step 3, I get a JSON error. I contacted support, but they're not available on the weekends. I also noticed that these instructions were from 2017, and here we are in the grand old year of 2020. My guess is that some things have changed throughout the years. I'm actually surprised that there's not an option in the back office when you customize your theme as to whether or not you want to add a 'View All' button. 

0 Likes