Two Factor Authentication Not Receiving Text Codes

Keuzi
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Suddenly codes have stopped coming to my phone. My phone number seems to be OK but I am running out of extra codes in my lists for recovery.

Neil

Replies 23 (23)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @Keuzi!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving your two-factor authentication codes. I will need to send this up to our accounts team who will temporarily disable this for you and you can set it up again then. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please make sure to check your junk/spam folder as sometimes the email lands there. 

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

HAro0oniiabid
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem with my account and now i cannot login into it what should I do the account gamil is m.haroonabidhussain@gmail.com and the store name is Valentine Emporium

mustafa01
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

This for my another account on email address: mustafahanifbhimani@gmail.com

I am disappointed - I am facing the same issue; I got logged out and when I am trying to log in, it asks for a code sent to my SMS.

I am not receiving any codes on my SMS. I reached out to support and tried to explain them my problem and they were just a disappointment - wasted my hour with them.

I then found out about this article and reaching out to you so you can help.

P.S. - I am a freelancer so I didn't make any own stores - I have access to different stores of my clients. 

Can you please look into it because I am running out of time and I need to do work?

Thanks,
Mustafa

alihanif91
Visitor
2 0 0

@Lulu I am also facing the same issue and have been reaching your support since more than 36 hours but no response still. My store launch is pending but I am unable to access my account because of no 2FA on my mobile. 

the account is linked to my other email ali@enigmalogics.com 

AdnanWaheed
Visitor
2 0 0

@Lulu I am also facing the same issue. I am not receiving the authentication code. Please help me to log in my account.

mohammadliton
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Lulu,
Hope you are doing well.
I am facing the same issue; When I am trying to log in, it asks for a code sent to my SMS. I am not receiving any codes on my mobile. I reached out to support but didn't get any solution yet.
My account email: liton@echologyx.comScreenshot_29.png
Thanks!

Best Regards,
Mohammad Liton
mohammadliton
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Hi @Lulu 
Finally, it's working. It was a recovery code for me to log in to the Shopify store admin.
Somehow I successfully stored the recovery codes on my PC and retrieved them, completing the process.
I would suggest to everyone use recovery codes for this issue. Once login is done disable the two-factor authentication for the further hassle.
Thanks
Best Regards,
Mohammad Liton
BeUniqueness
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem with my account. I cannot log in to it what should I do the account is thethryvelabs@gmail.com.

AK_
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, @Lulu 
Hope you are doing well.
I am facing the same issue; When I am trying to log in, it asks for a code sent to my SMS. I am not receiving any codes on my mobile. I reached out to support but didn't get any solution yet.
My account email: wenexusltd@gmail.com

https://www.screencast.com/t/nFBV2S1JQd2

muhammadusman19
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@Lulu wrote:

Hey, @Keuzi!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving your two-factor authentication codes. I will need to send this up to our accounts team who will temporarily disable this for you and you can set it up again then. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please make sure to check your junk/spam folder as sometimes the email lands there. 

Speak soon! 

Hi @Lulu

I see this issue with me as well. What i noticed that recently this issue is mainly with our country, When Shopify migrated there server services to another location and that location is prohibited in our country. Please consider this issue and find the solution for it so that your partner's don't face any issue during login authentication.

Thanks 

Shopify Plus Expert
sagar_khandakar
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I am facing same problem. This is most important for me to solve urgent. Please kindly help me.

ZorpheusJr
Visitor
1 0 0

Good evening Lulu. Is there a chance you can do this for me too? I seem to be having a similar issue, except I'm not getting any code sent to the phone number I'm providing. Is there a possibility I can have my code emailed to me? If you can resolve this issue, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Jordan

jcj1365@gmail.com

Anna_-_Vrana
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I have the same problem with my account and now I cannot log in into it. My phone number seems to be OK but I didn't get any codes from Shopify. So I need your help with it

Liztt
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Lulu,

I also have the same problem with my account and I cannot log in into it now. My phone number is OK but I didn't get any codes from Shopify. I already chated with live support, but they say wait the team. It was 3 days until now and didn't get any support. It really make me tired.

Can you please check it for me.

Thank you so much.

g322h
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, @Lulu 
Hope you are doing well.
My account email: gusen@buildateam.io

SunnieHunnies
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I am also facing the same issue. I am trying to use my POS app and it won't log me back in without the SMS code, but no codes are being sent to my phone and they have in the past. 

Ylmarquez
Visitor
1 0 0

Wow so disappointed 5 days waiting for someone to help me, am getting the round around.  Orders waiting this people thinking am stealing their money because am unable to log in.  This is an issue created within your company.  Your system log me out ask me to reset my password and then stop sending the authentication code to my phone your. 

Now someone name Andre suggested to offer my customer a discount code.  Well if am able to offer a discount means am able to log in and get my customer their order in time.  Do you really think customer care your company has a lack of employee to handle this issue ?

when ask for ETA the answer was we have lots of 2FA in queue.   I was ask not to reply to a  ticket,  first I was never given a ticket number so replying* to a tickets  is not even something am able to do.

Wow am beyond angry this is unacceptable 

imShahzadkhan
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Lulu
I have the same problem with my account and now I cannot login into it what should I do? it's been 3 days now and the problem still exists.
The account email is 
shehzadhashim@gmail.com.sc.png

Securely
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the similar problem with my account and I cannot login, Kindly look into this as i'll appreciate you using the same technique you uses for saving others who have same issues.

My email account is merchaven@gmail.com and the store name is M E R C H A V E N

Dii
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Lulu, 

I am experiencing the same issue with my account. I have already tried using my recovery codes but they have all seemed to be expired. 

Appreciate all the help in advance! 🤗

Dii
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Lulu, 

This happened to my account again. I am not receiving the authentication code. Been waiting for 6 hours now. My phone is just fine as I am receiving real-time updates from different apps but not with Shopify codes. 

Appreciate all help! 🙂 

imShahzadkhan
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have the same problem with my account and now I cannot login into it what should I do? it's been 3 days now and the problem still exists.
The account email is 
shehzadhashim@gmail.com.

sc.png

RosieNguyen
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I am unable to log in because I changed my phone number and I no longer have my recovery code, so I cannot get around the two factor authentication.

My email is hoaithuong2001sm@gmail.com

Can I get assistance with this?

Thank you.

RosieNguyen_0-1696820789131.png