Two Inventory Levels for Preorders?

annephilly
1 0 0

Hey all! 

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to sell plant starts on Preorder for one of our partner farms. I'm doing them as preorder for a few reasons but the main one is he wants to know how many plant starts to grow of each variety. However, the part I'm having trouble figuring out is we'll be delivering over two weeks and have an inventory level for a product for each week. 

For example:

Brandywine Tomato plant start - 45 for Week 1 and 45 for Week 2 of delivery

Because they're living and what the farmer is capable of we can only sell the allotted amount each week. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to set two levels of inventory for one product with a specified delivery week or if I need to create two items for each plant start.

There's also an order minimum in place by the farmer that we need to setup. It's essentially 15 plant starts which is $45. Is there a way to set an order minimums?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
florinanghel
Shopify Partner
102 15 17

If you don't want to do any coding you could just have 2 variants on the same item with names relevant to the delivery week and each variant would have its own inventory.

There isn't a minimum order setting in shopify but you could add it in a bunch of ways like: use an app, if you are comfortable editing liquid and you could wrap your checkout buttons with an if

{% if cart.total_price > 4500 %} 
Checkout button
{% endif %}

or if you use flat shipping methods only add them for min 45.