Two warehouses with outsourced 3PL are not possible

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

hi. I have outsourced our fulfillment to a 3PL who use a custom app  which is applied to each product in Shopify to manage the fulfillment. However I  also hold stock in my own warehouse  (setup as another location) and want to record the  stock  and transfer stock to the 3PL  as required. I also have walk in customers to my warehouse for some purchases, so need to adjust the stock. I have just found out that if you have outsourced 3PL you cannot use another  location (like your own warehouse) to record and manage stock. I don't want to go back to an excel spreadsheet and would like to be able to transfer stock to the 3PL. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Cinda7,

I definitely have ran across a similar problem in the past. The only way I have seen this possible is if you "tag" the order. Your 3PL would need to do this. Meaning their integration should allow orders to be "mapped" (for example: "ordered at warehouse/POS" gets mapped as "Fulfillment Completed" so the 3PL does not duplicate the order). Ideally the 3PL's direct integration should not even "pull" this order data so no confusion ever occurs. From a technical perspective, the 3PL should only pull pre-established mapped out rules; however, not every 3PL has this capability. 

At Atomix Logistics, we've provided creative solutions for our merchants. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at austin@atomixlogistics.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

sorry but I do not want to use an app  but would like this as part of my shopify store

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
66 0 9

Unfortunely you need a lightweight broker app developed to handle these type of situations. 

Sincerely,

Thomas Granger, CEO, FDG Web
www.fdgweb.com
tom@fdgweb.com

About Us: We're a full-service digital agency with all in-house employees. We can be your developer or designer "on-demand".

http://www.fdgweb.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks. I have setup an online inventory system and just record my warehouse stock there which is totally separate from Shopify. It is my current workaround until things change or I move to another e-commerce platform that does allow this. Not ideal but pragmatic as I don’t want to get caught up with custom apps. 

0 Likes