UAE Shopify - multi currency - 3rd party payment provider

rcmeadmin
Tourist
5 0 1

I have my Shopify shop setup in the UAE to sell my products in AED. I'd like however to offer any customers outside of the UAE to be able to pay and check out in USD. Unfortunately shopify payments is not available in market so I am forced to use a 3rd party payment provider. If I can source a 3rd party payment provider that can charge in USD.

Is it possible to build the shop to flip between AED and USD and select the write check out process and charge accordingly with no conversion. 

or as another option

Is it possible to build two shops (one for AED, and one for USD), configure the domain to redirect accordingly based of traffic source, or enable users to toggle between the two and make use of same inventory pool? 

Oakleafinfoway
Shopify Partner
308 6 21

Dear Shopify user,

Welcome to the Shopify community!

This is Jay here from Oakleaf Infoway. I have analyzed your needs. We can display the product price with multiple currencies in the Shopify store. We need to just enable the currency selector and as a payment gateway, you can use PayPal as a third-party payment service provider to accept the payment with USD.

If you need any help to set up all these things and planing to do a workout on that.

Please contact me to Email ID: jay@oakleafinfoway.com

Team, *Oakleaf Infoway*
- Was my reply helpful? Please *Like* and *Accept* Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact us on Skype: live:.cid.2ca82125d1edaa5f/
Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@rcmeadmin 

Great question! I am going to build off of the answer @Oakleafinfoway provided. 

If your goal is to sell to your customers in their selected currency without conversion from their banks, then you would need to open two Shopify stores. The reason for the two stores is because a store can only support one currency at checkout. While it would be possible to have a currency switcher presented in your store, your checkout would return back to the default currency for your store when completing the purchase. 

That said, It would be possible to direct customers to the appropriate account by using an IP redirecting app. In addition, you can also take advantage of the multi-store discount. The way the discount works is Store "A" is on the $79 plan or higher. Every store thereafter would pay $29/month but would receive all the features of store "A" - The discount is only applicable if both stores are under the same name and sell the same products. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rcmeadmin
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Peter, 

huge thanks - correct the aim is to let customers shop in their selected currency without conversion from their banks. Its great to know there is a discount and an app to manage the IP redirecting. I just spoke to my 3rd party payments provider and they confirmed they confirmed I would need a separate payments account which is fine. 

Do you have a suggestion on how I can manage products and inventory. It would be hard to scale having to manage having to upload new products, manage pricing and stock twice each time. 

Cheers

Herb

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@rcmeadmin 

Glad I could help! 

If you manage your own inventory (it's not coming from a supplier) then you could consider using an inventory syncing app to sync your inventory across stores. I can not provide a specific suggestion on which app to use as each provides its own set of features and pricing. However; all apps come with reviews from other store owners and provides the app developer contact information should you have any specific questions on how the app works. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes