UNABLE TO MAKE ANY SALES!!!

Highlighted
6 0 0
Hi there,

My name is Faisal Mukhtar and I have started a Shopify Store in India. I have watched your videos and followed the steps but I haven't been able to get any orders so far. I used advertisements and I have landed 2.9k sessions on my store but haven't really received any orders yet. The dropshipping part is the beginning and I plan on expanding it by providing services like Consulting and Web Designing but I can't really do any of it with no customers.

I really need some professional insight and the help would really mean a lot. I have taken every possible step for me but nothing seems to be working out for me. I really would like a professional advice. I have been trying to stay positive but I am kinda losing hope. 

I would really appreciate any help you'd offer.

Thanking You in Anticipation.

Regards,
Faisal Mukhtar
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
706 66 139

Hey there, @FaisalMukhtar 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Great work on getting your store up and running, I know how much work that takes. That is a massive amount of sessions to be getting to your store without any conversions which leads me to think that perhaps the ads you are placing are not targeted enough. I would highly recommend taking a look at our guide on Facebook ads here if you have not already, just to make sure you are making your ads as targeted as possible. If the wrong people are coming to your store - they are not going to ever purchase. 

The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I would recommend installing AliReviews for your reviews also.  AliReviews imports genuine reviews from AliExpress to display on your product page. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. 

I took a look at your social media and noticed that your Instagram only has one post currently. It is suggested that when you launch an Instagram account you should have at least 9 posts ready to go. That way, when a customer lands on your page there is a wall of posts for them to look at. Only having the one post can be dissuading to customers as it looks like your brand is not well established, nor does it interact very much. 

I noticed that you have an About Us page, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. 

When I tried  to make a purchase I noticed that the "Add to Cart" button does not work:

This would appear to be an issue with the theme. This would usually be the result of a theme edit or an app. I would recommend that you roll back the theme code, most likely the theme.liquid or the product-template.liquid as per this guide. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes