Is UPS integration with Shopify a successful option?

WanderingGoat
Visitor
2 0 0

Has anyone else successfully integrated their UPS account with their Shopify store? I went through all the steps, including integrating our carrier account and creating a private app that gave UPS API access, and could not successfully connect the two. The UPS portal would not register any of our orders and integrating the carrier account actually removed all UPS shipping options during checkout. After 24 hours, I deleted the private app and disconnected the carrier account, which prompted all UPS shipping rates to appear again during checkout. 

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, WanderingGoat.

Tira here to help.

Thanks for your question and for letting me know all of the steps that you’ve tried to integrate UPS shipping rates to your checkout. You can absolutely integrate your UPS account to your store to display UPS shipping rates.

Based on our help docs, I don’t see a step that requires adding a private app to give UPS API access to show calculated shipping rates at checkout. Third-party carrier calculated shipping rates are shipping rates that allow you to connect your own carrier account (such as UPS, USPS, DHL, or Canada Post) in the United States or in Canada. Check out our help doc with this information here: Third-party carrier calculated shipping rates. If there’s something I missed here, please let me know.

I also want to ask a few questions to troubleshoot this further with you:

1. Where did you get this private app? Do you know who the developer is? If so, I would reach out to the developer to ask if they have any insight on the removal of your shipping rates at checkout when adding their app to your store.
  2. What steps did you follow? Were they from our help docs? Here is our help doc on how you can activate UPS shipping rates on your store: Activate shipping rates with UPS.

The rates that you are seeing after you’ve removed the private app sound like they are shipping rates from Shopify Shipping. Shopify Shipping is our in-house shipping rate feature that allows you to add discounted shipping rates at checkout for USPS, UPS, DHL Express, Canada Post and Sendle. You can also buy shipping labels directly from your Shopify admin

Let’s dig into this together and help you add your UPS account’s shipping rates to your store. I look forward to hearing from you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

WanderingGoat
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Tira,

Thanks for following up! As quick background on the issue, UPS lost a package that we had sold through Shopify. I went to file a claim through UPS.com but couldn't do so because our label purchase didn't originate through their website, and therefore our account was not associated with the package. UPS has a section to integrate themselves with a marketplace and, having dealt with several lost packages over the past year, thought this would ease future claims by having our UPS account number associated with sales. The steps, including the API access, originate from their site and can be found here: https://mpsportal.solidcommerce.com/marketplaces . The Shopify option is listed under Carts. Needless to say, allowing them access to our API did not transfer over any of our orders and provided no help in filing a claim on a lost package. 

The issue with the disappearance of UPS rates from our check-out started after I integrated out UPS account under the Shipping & Delivery tab (Accounts and integrations). I could very well be detailing two separate issues here, and that the rates would have disappeared without the API access, but I would prefer not to poke the bear. Thanks for reading my short story!

Best,

Aaron

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for getting back to me, Aaron.

I’m sorry to hear about your lost packages. Shopify can only support setting up shipping with UPS through the Shopify admin and not with a private app or API integration. Can I get you to set-up your UPS account using the help doc that I mentioned in my previous post? This will ensure that you can connect your UPS account to the Shopify admin to show your calculated shipping rates at checkout. 

If you’re using Shopify Shipping (print labels from your Shopify admin) then our shipping team would be able to help you with filing UPS Claims and tracking your package. There is a time limit for filing UPS claims which is 60 days after the delivery or scheduled delivery date of the package. You’ll need this information to submit a claim:

• your .myshopify.com address
  • the order number
  • description of the damage (if applicable)
  • the receiver's phone number

Please request that your customer keep the original box and packaging and any damaged contents that are received for inspection. UPS may request a damage inspection of the contents and original packaging as part of the damage claim process.

Once you have this information, please submit your claims to: shipping-claims@shopify.com and our team can dig into this further for you.

Check out our help doc that lists all the steps and this information here: Submit a claim.

I would love to know if this helps. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.