**URGENT** ERROR ADDING TO CARD

Highlighted
1 0 0

When I press Add to Cart, it says "there was an error while updating your cart. PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 27 50

Hey, @NotSure!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I can definitely see how that would be a problem, and I'm happy to help out with this. Is the error occurring on your own shop while doing a test of the functionality, or are you trying to place an order on another online shop? Also, could you please reply back here and send me a screenshot of the error message you're getting? 

Looking forward to hearing back!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ash,

I am having the same problem with test mode enabled.

Using fake details specified on help pages.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.41.46 pm.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 27 50

Hey, @Shipp!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're running into while trying to test your payment gateway. I'm happy to help out with this! In order to assist, I'd like start by getting some more information on the problem. Could you please reply back here and let me know the following: 

• What payment gateway are you using? The information on this page here (including the number used in your screenshot) is only relevant for Shopify Payments. 
  • Have you tried any of the other test credit card numbers on the page linked in the previous point? 
  • What is your .myshopify.com URL? 
  • Is your storefront currently live? If so, I will be happy to try a test order on my end. 

Looking forward to hearing back! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I have Shopify payments enabled + PayPal.

I have tried all the different card numbers listed.

https://daniel-shipp.myshopify.com/

Store is live (password protected)

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 27 50

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional details, @Shipp!

In order for me to do some testing on my end, I'll need to gain access to storefront. Since your shop is password protected, and I absolutely appreciate not wanting to share that storefront password here, I've sent you an email so that I can authenticate you on the shop and take a closer look into things. Please reply back to that email, and as soon as we've completed authentication, we can continue to work through this issue. Looking forward to hearing back! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue as a consumer when trying to add cards to my shopify pay account! I currently cannot add any payments to my account neither manually through shopifypay.com or making a purchase. It will not let me add cc details for any cards I own when trying to checkout!

0 Likes